PDA

View Full Version : Northern light

phatmountain
07-22-2011, 07:49 AM
Hello everyone. I finally have my tattoo machines built & my site is up & running. It's still under construction so please forgive me for spelling errors & any other issues on my site. I was so exited I had to show you guys since this is currently the only forum I'm active on. Also look for work from Jamie Mackay of Sacred Temple tattoo in Nova Scotia on the site as he will be using them aswell.

Here is the link to my site.

www.nltattoomachines.com (http://www.nltattoomachines.com)

elbo
07-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Hi buddy i had a quick look on youre site...my one thought was the pics of the rotary aint that clear?...Very dark images...and to be honest if i cant clearly see what im buying i wont part with my cash!....Just my opinion.

phatmountain
07-22-2011, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the feed back. I will be sure to add clearer photos. Did you check out the photo gallery. Let me know after checking that out & I will post more photo's if needed. I will also post them on the thread.

phatmountain
07-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Here are some pics of one I custom engraved for Jamie Mackay:

phatmountain
07-22-2011, 09:33 AM
Just made the pics on the site alot brighter. This is what I love about this site. Positive feedback & constuctive criticism. :)

Cyberitual
07-22-2011, 10:46 AM
Is the body one piece or two screwed together, I found it hard to make single hollow frames, just curious as to how you made it. Nice design though, I like the profile view, almost reminds me of mine. Oh clip cord adapters are still popular for some reason, you should add some just in case. Looks cool though, I want to see through the middle if poossible. I like the name too!

slicksteel
07-22-2011, 10:57 AM
very unique! couple of questions!
1: is the frame cut,bent then tig welded in key areas?
2 what is the screw/bracket on the back side above gloved hand?
3 What type of motor?
4 What is the stroke and amount of give?
5 Re you offering any type of warranty?
I think by following your work on here, your tattoos have looked alot better when you stared using it, so it must be a great running machine!

phatmountain
07-22-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks guys. To answer your questions. Cyberitual, the frame is one solid piece. Slicksteel, here are the answers to your questions:
1. Yes they are. They are cut with a cnc plasma cutter then bent & welded.
2. The screw/bracket is the spring mount.
3. The motor is pretty much the same as a stealth motor I get from a chinese supplier.
4.The stroke & amount of give is totally up to you, the artist. It will come pre tuned to be a good all around machine. The spring that is in it will affect give & stroke. It will come with a 0.016mm spring. I will have other spring sizes for sale in the next week or 2. With the 0.016 spring the other point of tuning which is 2 different size o-rings that can be quickly changed gives it 2 nice stoke sizes. They are:
-LARGE O-RING gives it a long stroke, about 3.7mm & a nice give.
-SMALL O-RING gives it a slightly shorter stroke, about 3mm with less give than the large o-ring option.
Changing the o-rings takes like 10 seconds. If these specs are not what you want you can give the o-ring setting different specs by changing out the springs. These will be sold pre assembled to the "swing arm" which makes very easy to change. It take only 30 seconds to change out.
This machine basically has full tuning capabilities.
-I have a 1 year warrenty on them.

Hope this answers your questions. If you have any more let me know. :)

The Limey
07-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Very interesting, how about a video of this new beast in action?

phatmountain
07-22-2011, 02:06 PM
I have a video in the makes. :)

elbo
07-22-2011, 02:29 PM
Thanks for the feed back. I will be sure to add clearer photos. Did you check out the photo gallery. Let me know after checking that out & I will post more photo's if needed. I will also post them on the thread.

Hi buddy...the photo gallery is great....and i presume you mean the photos of work done with youre machines?...the only thing is if you are a great artist(which im not) you can tattoo with anything...ha ha...give a $30 machine to bob tyrell and he will still do amazing work...poor souls like me have it a bit harder in life ha ha.....but i will say what ive seen of youre machine it looks cool.....i was only commenting about the pics to be constructive...i honestly wont buy a machine i cant see clearly...no matter how good the photo gallery is...i bought a neuma when they first came out but i didnt tattoo like carson(which is a shame).

phatmountain
07-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I appreciate the comments. When I said check out the gallery I meant the general gallery with the lighter pics. I did get a chance to lighten the darker pics you refered to so everything should be clear & easy to see. Once again I really appreciate you comments & advice.

elbo
07-22-2011, 02:45 PM
I appreciate the comments. When I said check out the gallery I meant the general gallery with the lighter pics. I did get a chance to lighten the darker pics you refered to so everything should be clear & easy to see. Once again I really appreciate you comments & advice.

ahhhh i see....i will check it out bud....

The Limey
07-22-2011, 07:05 PM
I think a little more info about the machine and how you adjust it would be good. I know you talk about it if you click on the armature bars but it'd be nice for potential customers if that was readily available. It might also be good start to say on the home page our blah blah blah Northern Light "Rotary" Machine.

gangstajay
07-22-2011, 07:15 PM
you have no price for the machine listed

The Limey
07-22-2011, 07:20 PM
you have no price for the machine listed

That's listed on the products page Jay.

phatmountain
07-22-2011, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the input Limey. I will point out more clearly that it is rotary. As for the expaining the tuning more fully. A full detailed description of how to tune & the different ways it reacts to the tuning will be included in the owners manual of the machine.

phatmountain
07-22-2011, 07:45 PM
Oh Gangsta Jay I just PM'd you. :)

phatmountain
11-04-2011, 09:01 AM
So I sold a couple of these. But since I now have my own CNC 3 axis router I will be releasing a CNC'd NORTHERN LIGHT by the end of this month. This one will be direct drive. :)