PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

Cain
06-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Hey all.

New to the forum and new to Rotary machines so please be gentle should my nieveity show!

I run my own studio - Revolution Ink - in Yeovil, Somerset, UK.

Up until very recently I've always used Coil machines and have always been very find of and comfortable with Sunskin machines. I've always kept a keen eye on all things Rotary but have only recently taken the plunge, buying myself a Stigma Bizarre V2 only a week or so ago.

For the moment I'm finding it somewhat unusual and am struggling slightly with finding the optimum settings, ( particularly where lining is concerned, much to my frustration! ), coupled with an Eikon EMS 300, but I'm peresvering....

I'm particularly keen to master Rotaries though and am very, very interested in Sunskin's - would happily buy one tomorrow such is my love of all the machines I've had of their making. If only I could bloody source one!

Anyhoooo, thanks or reading - I look forward to getting to know you guys, swapping hints, tips and enjoying all knowledge of our shared love and profession.

Cheers. :)

Barren
06-11-2012, 03:32 PM
try hitting up global tattoo supplies cain they had 2 for sale at the weekend
and welcome to the forum

MedusaTattoo
06-11-2012, 03:35 PM
Welcome Cain give some time to adjust from coils to rotary was difficult for me to finnd the golden set up and many rotarys to try:) Nicks rotarys is my liners and Dragonfly for shading and color rotary works are my next to use...

vodu
06-11-2012, 03:44 PM
i donīt know if is the ems 300 or 350 wich you need to see if has the rotary mode, the last firmware of eikon correct this. I know you didnīt ask but some people new to rotarys had some issues with the 300 or 350 PS, nothing serious, just an tip. By the way, welcome.

Cain
06-11-2012, 03:53 PM
Thanks for the welcome all. :)

Yeah, my Eikon has the Rotary function, so all good on that front - its just a case of my adjusting to the optimum setting of both the PSU and machine. I have to admit to being more than a little stumped as to how I should set up to line with my Bizarre - I often tune my Coil machines by ear, but obviously enough that method is somewhat out of the window at th moment!

Thanks for the tip regarding Global Tattoo Supplies there Barren - I'll be calling then first thing in the morning!

Barren
06-11-2012, 04:11 PM
your welcome cain , a rotary to line with is kinda the holy grail and everyone has alot of different opinions i hear very good things about the dk mini cranker and nicks rotary ( currently waiting on the delivery of my nicks :) , so persevere i think its different for everyone, i also have a bizarre v2 and love it for b&g and color blending

scottrallen
06-11-2012, 04:24 PM
Welcome to the forum, Cain. I'm new rotary's and also new around here too. I can vouch for the Dan Kubin Mini Cranker as a liner. Also great as a color packer. It lays everything in so nice. There's so much info on this forum that I have found immensely helpful. Hope that you find what you are looking for and stick around here.

Scott

vodu
06-11-2012, 05:24 PM
i love my rapier to line...i guess youīll find common in forum to line is: rapier, DK mini, and nicks rotary...of course you can do with others too...

Wonderland
06-11-2012, 06:29 PM
A hardy welcome to ya.

Magnu
06-13-2012, 06:22 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum
I have a Bizzare V2 which has been taken over by my apprentice so I've not had a chane to give it a good workout but she uses it for everything and seems to get on well with it Lining at 9V set with no give. I tune all my rotaries like I used to tune my coils by setting no give and adjusting the volts and watching the grommet until it appears to float smoothly up and down and get good results this way.