PDA

View Full Version : New Waverly Bluebird Black Ink and Waverly Pens are on the website!!

Waverlycolor
10-02-2012, 07:40 PM
The title says it all. I made a completely new softer, smoother black that works great for black and grey. It's called Bluebird Black Ink!
I also have new pens that are great for drawing directly onto the skin.
See them both at Waverlycolor.com.
Thanks for checking them out!

bill

Brat
10-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Order placed Bill! Stoked for using the Bluebird Black!

Scentless Apprentice
10-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Awesome! I used to use Waverly DB exclusively, but as I mostly do bng, I ended up switching. Looks like I might have to switch back, cheers again Bill

S_Trofatter
10-03-2012, 12:58 PM
so how much lighter is the bluebird than the dark black, or if I was premixing my own washes would i use the same formula as far as ink to water/alcohol?

Waverlycolor
10-03-2012, 01:23 PM
It's more softer than lighter. It's a completely different black pigment. You would probably adjust a little to Bluebird if you were using Dark Black. Thanks!

evlink2006
10-03-2012, 07:58 PM
Dropped an order today myself. Question Bill, the pens how do they compare to the Saltwater pens?

Waverlycolor
10-03-2012, 08:19 PM
Waverly Pens have a barrel and are designed to stay on the skin longer than regular ball point pens ( as long as you clean, shave and hit the skin with a little alcohol to remove oil and residue.) They have a med. carbide tip. I know mine are a little thinner but that's how I designed them.

acink
10-03-2012, 08:46 PM
Putting mu order in tomorrow cheers bill:D

Sekt
10-03-2012, 09:43 PM
Bill, are the particle sizes smaller, which makes this smooth? If they are I'm wondering about migration, or blowout. I'd like your thoughts on this subject anyway =]

Waverlycolor
10-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Particle size doesn't have anything to do with it. Migration and blowout is associated with blacks that have TOO much pigment in an ffort to be mega-black. This is a completely different black pigment that has a slightly different tone.

biggboy
10-03-2012, 10:28 PM
and i just ordered 2 bottles of your dark black 2 weeks ago..seems like i'm gonna have to try this one out along with the pens..and also thankyou for the complimentry color sample that was sent along with the black

skinmech
10-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Dark Black is the best, most workable Black I came across, so I just had to order the Bluebird, some Pens another T-Shirt......I think I have a Sticker Habit...

spoonertattoos
10-04-2012, 04:43 AM
So the blue bird is for making your own grey washes via the drop system? 1 drop, 2 drops 4 drops etc?
and its not good for lining?
I just wanna be clear. I love dark black but just use it for lining and solid black/black whip shading. I have been using silver back as my grey wash system but always open to trying something new...

thoughts?

Waverlycolor
10-04-2012, 07:55 AM
So the blue bird is for making your own grey washes via the drop system? 1 drop, 2 drops 4 drops etc?
and its not good for lining?
I just wanna be clear. I love dark black but just use it for lining and solid black/black whip shading. I have been using silver back as my grey wash system but always open to trying something new...

thoughts?
\

You can use Bluebird straight out of the bottle to line. It's black. I have been for months. What it also does is break down nicely for b and g work whether you dip from the cap or bottle your own greywash. Does this make sense?

Raypid
10-04-2012, 01:14 PM
Hello!
What about delivery to Russia? I already use Dark Black for solid blackwork and dotwork. New ink Interested me very much.
Sorry for my english :)

Shockerjock
10-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I just placed our order for the db and pens.

Waverlycolor
10-04-2012, 01:32 PM
Hello!
What about delivery to Russia? I already use Dark Black for solid blackwork and dotwork. New ink Interested me very much.
Sorry for my english :)

I ship to Russia all the time. I send everything as a gift of art supplies with a low value. Waverlycolor.com. Thanks!

reigningink
10-05-2012, 02:46 AM
Just ordered some blue bird yesterday, and some pens too. Super stoked. I was wondering if anyone has tried waverly japanse colors? I've used a few brands of these super bright pinks and oranges and they just haven't worked too well for me, always really thin. Are waverlys thicker like most of their other pigments?

tugg
10-05-2012, 05:23 AM
the ones I had were real thick every now and then I topped up the bottle with alcohol

Brat
10-05-2012, 10:04 AM
Just ordered some blue bird yesterday, and some pens too. Super stoked. I was wondering if anyone has tried waverly japanse colors? I've used a few brands of these super bright pinks and oranges and they just haven't worked too well for me, always really thin. Are waverlys thicker like most of their other pigments?

Waverly colors are really thick but still have a good flow to them, the blacks are nice and thin but don't run out the tube. I have all the japanese colors and they are awesome. Take it from me, Bill knows what most tattoo artist want from their inks and he delivers.

reigningink
10-05-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks guys. Guess ill be ordering some of those colors soon :)

Alie K
10-05-2012, 11:34 PM
I can't wait to try the pens! I have some of the saltwater ones, and am eager to compare them!

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2

thesmokingmirror
10-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Sounds great I'm ordering soon!

evlink2006
10-06-2012, 09:03 AM
Tried the pens yesterday. Much finer line than the Saltwater pens and stayed on thru several wipes. Nice job Bill!

Raypid
10-06-2012, 03:20 PM
Ordered yesterday Bluebird Ink. I will be very much wait, because according to the description that is exactly what I need.

acink
10-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Just received my ink today grate shipping and grate service bill and thanks my friend for the free sample looking forward to using my ink this afternoon keep up the grate work :)

Brat
10-17-2012, 07:30 PM
Just got my order in (after being stuck in customs for a week >.<) Great service from Bill as always. Haven't tried the bluebird yet, but will let you guys know when I have. As for the pens... they stick... they stick WELL, as long as you clean the skin well and just use water on your outlines your doodles will survive atleast 3-5 wipes. One happy camper here, thanks for your care Bill!

aurelien
10-19-2012, 05:09 AM
Are those labelled ? I got a whole 2os set plus db bottles that I am not allowed to use since they re not labelled :/ stupid french laws ..

Mike100
10-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Recently used some Bluebird ink for some traditional straight black whip shading and it is brilliant. No lighter just really smooth graduation, looks great on its own and blends really nice with darker grey tones too. I love it

nouveau
11-28-2012, 11:18 PM
Used bluebird for the first time today. It works great! I was using Kuro Sumi before I heard about Dark Black being better, but I'm what most would call an 'urban artist'. I tattoo black people mostly, and DB killed my stencils. BB was much better and it didnt look like it'd have the faded look KS has months after healing.

slicksteel
11-28-2012, 11:53 PM
Tried the pens yesterday. Much finer line than the Saltwater pens and stayed on thru several wipes. Nice job Bill!
saltwater has the finer ones now.

nivek
11-29-2012, 12:13 AM
Are those labelled ? I got a whole 2os set plus db bottles that I am not allowed to use since they re not labelled :/ stupid french laws ..

make some fake labels on your printer

inkkbully
11-29-2012, 01:04 AM
Love My Bluebird...... I'm so ready for the right project to use the pens...

joelhague
11-29-2012, 02:08 PM
My saltwater pens came so quick I was impressed and selling em for the same price that worldwide charges for there knock offs why would anyone order anything else plus its cool getting a packaged addressed from Tim Hendricks himself haha

PAWNJOB
11-29-2012, 02:09 PM
@waverlycolor: Hate to be redundant, I know that you already touched on these subjects a little. You said that you could line with it but is it recommended? Is there an advantage or disadvantage to using Bluebird over Dark Black as it pertains to lining other than it being easier to clean up off the skin? And would you recommend Bluebird for solid black fills? I'm not trying to nail you down on this and get too hung up on words, well ... I guess maybe I am :-) You said that it's smoother rather than lighter which totally makes sense, but you said that it's a slightly different tone. How so? Slightly lighter or is it slightly warmer or cooler? If it's nearly as dark then other than workability into the skin it sounds like Bluebird might be a better option all the way around. Is workability a factor when comparing these two?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Miss Claire
11-29-2012, 03:36 PM
I just switched to waverly dark black from one for my lining and I love it, and customer service was great, made a very good impression on me. I think I will give the bluebird a try too.

aurelien
11-30-2012, 09:11 AM
I saw on facebook that Bill has changed a bit the formula of Dark Black for the best (even better ?!) Awesome isn't

Waverlycolor
12-01-2012, 08:46 PM
@waverlycolor: Hate to be redundant, I know that you already touched on these subjects a little. You said that you could line with it but is it recommended? Is there an advantage or disadvantage to using Bluebird over Dark Black as it pertains to lining other than it being easier to clean up off the skin? And would you recommend Bluebird for solid black fills? I'm not trying to nail you down on this and get too hung up on words, well ... I guess maybe I am :-) You said that it's smoother rather than lighter which totally makes sense, but you said that it's a slightly different tone. How so? Slightly lighter or is it slightly warmer or cooler? If it's nearly as dark then other than workability into the skin it sounds like Bluebird might be a better option all the way around. Is workability a factor when comparing these two?

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

They are both easier to work with since I remixed the Dark Black. Both can be used for lining but Dark Black is darker. Bluebird is a completely different blue shade black akin to Pelikan and it makes a nicer smother greywash than Dark Black. Workability is not a factor. I made Bluebird to be a good Black that mixes down well. I hope I answered all your questions!
bill

Sekt
12-01-2012, 11:19 PM
Which is better for fill ?

Raypid
12-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Great ink, thanks!
Very smooth for whip shading and suitable for lining. Now it is my favorite black.

Waverlycolor
12-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Which is better for fill ?

If you are doing solid black tribal I would use Dark Black.

casey
12-02-2012, 11:00 AM
twisted my arm, just placed me order:)

sacredsouls
12-13-2012, 05:25 PM
I have been using Kuro Sumi for years and am pretty happy with the results but I would like my greys to be a little smoother. Got an order of both coming up from me. Can't wait to try this stuff my self.

boaz
12-17-2012, 07:05 AM
got mine today thanks bill allways a pleasure

hellraiser6662
12-17-2012, 07:27 AM
just ordered some today for a little try ..

sacredsouls
12-17-2012, 09:53 PM
Just got mine in today as well. Along with my mini cranker liner. Can't wait for my full sleeve outline session tomorrow. New liner and new dark black. Gonna be a good day.

sacredsouls
01-19-2013, 01:14 AM
I have been using it for a month now and I am sold on this is my new black. I got dark black and bluebird. The bluebird cuts down very nice and the heals smooth. I enjoy bng work more than ever now.

PAWNJOB
01-19-2013, 01:28 AM
I now have a Cranker and some Waverly dark black and bluebird on the way too, pretty anxious. I'm worried about freezing during shipping though, probably bad timing. I know it's supposed to be bad but does anyone know what freezing actually does to the ink?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Mrdavid
01-27-2013, 04:48 PM
Order placed from me a swell
Cant wait!

hellraiser6662
01-27-2013, 05:46 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/28/sa9eryme.jpg
Done with washes made waveny BB. Hawk t-tech, hm SM 25/13 mag.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2