PDA

View Full Version : microbishop

luckyyoutattoo
10-19-2012, 02:41 AM
just saw this one the micro bishop called micro angelo

this text was with it:
Be on the lookout early next year for the arrival of the new "MicroAngelo" mini linear bishop rotary. Will be a powerfull machine to add to your arsenal for all the detailed needle groupings up to a 13 mag and a 9 round liner. Currently In prototyping stage

(Opted Out)
10-19-2012, 04:29 AM
Having me one of those

Sage Oz
10-19-2012, 04:50 AM
Eye think the side logo doesn't match the otherwise clean retro Sci-fi look of the design, but I'm sure that's easily changeable otherwise it looks seriously killerz just might want one in high polish clear coat with an old school Cylon face on the side ;)
Everybody is making such killer stuff lately I love seeing the evolution of the machine, it's been a second renaissance for rotaries :)

Eturnus
10-19-2012, 10:10 AM
This is what i have been waiting for.

DiarrheaSuitcase
10-19-2012, 01:24 PM
"Micro-Angelo" is such an awesome name!! lol!
Maybe Franco will make an appearance and share some of the specs?

specialtechnique
10-22-2012, 12:58 AM
yeah... i assume franco is the mastermind behind it?

OwlsDen
10-24-2012, 04:39 PM
Is it me or does it look a bit like the Vivace?

DrewsJumpingShip
10-28-2012, 05:18 PM
^ That's the first thing I thought as well.

asA
10-28-2012, 06:09 PM
Looks ground breaking....

vodu
10-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Looks like a vivace... :)

Sent by the Devil using a vessel, one galaxy S2 and tapatalk 2

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-30-2012, 04:24 AM
Hey guys, been stuck in a dungeon in a far off land working late nights on the MicroAngelo. I will share a few of the specs here as well as a soon to be new picture and posting. First off, its half the size as my newest Capo Bishop, and this picture doesn't do it justice as the ones I will be posting soon are high poloshed and anodized. I have interchangeable parts that match the Capo such as the same clamp, thumbscrew and slide to make things a bit easier. It will come with a 3mm, 3.5, and 4.5 throw, it will come in either RCA or clipcord and a few months after the release, I will introduce the new slides that come with built in "give" (non adjustable of course ;) and this I have been perfecting for almost a year and hasn't been offered on any other rotary machine.

Lastly, If you own a Vivace, you would see many differences if you were to hold them both in your hands, not to knock the vivace as It also is a fabulous machine.

Thank you all and its a pleasure to see rotary machines gain so much acceptance. It was over 15 years ago that I began preaching the "Rotary Gospel" and back then only the ones who listened to me found salvation in using rotaries.

My nick name for this new machine will be called "the carpal tunnel savior"

Cheers fellas!

Please Look oput for a post this week with more pictures and info.

gautam
10-30-2012, 07:18 AM
I will introduce the new slides that come with built in "give" (non adjustable of course ;) and this I have been perfecting for almost a year and hasn't been offered on any other rotary machine.

The Carpal Tunnel Savior!!! :)

Zach_Zombi
01-25-2013, 03:38 PM
way different from the vivace rotary in the final stages, had to post this pic mr.vescovi. these are truely a work of art cant wait to order one16264

Eturnus
01-25-2013, 06:48 PM
Does it push ttech?

Lynn mcnew
01-25-2013, 07:54 PM
aw shit, gonna have to get one of those!

MickWrath
01-25-2013, 08:52 PM
I will pass.

serial1313
01-26-2013, 12:24 AM
Looks like a cross between a Halo & a Vivace.

joelhague
01-26-2013, 01:11 AM
Why does it only push up to a 13 mag or 9 liner? I mean most rotarys can push anything even my stealth can push a 23 mag in t tech no problem, is it because it has such a small motor in the micro Angelo? What happens if you try and push larger groupings does it just stall out? Also like someone else asked will this be able to push t tech I assume yes if you remove the stay up spring it should not be an issue up to a 13 mag or 9 liner

joelhague
01-26-2013, 01:26 AM
I also had a question for you Franco, you said your coming out with a soft slide, with the new re designed needle clip it holds the needle so tight it doesn't allow any play in the needle like if you used a soft grommets so will the soft slide have the original style needle clip? Because I just don't see how you will get any dampening if that clip is holding it so tight it doesn't allow it to slide back and forth in the clip?

JoeyJimz
01-26-2013, 02:42 AM
How soon are these going to be released and what is the price point going to be set at? This option of two throw sizes throws me off i just want the exact same throw as my bishop capo?

JoeyJimz
01-26-2013, 03:06 AM
I should never have got my bishop from tatsoul? cause I have no clue what my stroke is?? I was not given the option ??

No Iron Machines
01-26-2013, 06:17 AM
Great, but i still prefer your first version of bishop.....rock

Jan Li
01-26-2013, 06:55 AM
Hi Franco i have the Capo 3.5 i Will ask you if the slider with built in dampering Will fit the Capo. Jan Li

tat2dru
01-26-2013, 09:52 AM
the dampening will most likely be in the whole slide,so needle clip wont make a difference ?

smiley
01-26-2013, 01:28 PM
its a 3.5 bro @joey

JoeyJimz
01-26-2013, 02:55 PM
@ Smiley how can you tell??? Also wondering in general why you would want or need a dampening/give .. Just asking because i think that machine works amazing as is??? That machine packs color flawless and is supper flexable to line and do black and grey???

ValentineMonsta
01-26-2013, 03:18 PM
want.

jonpiper
01-26-2013, 03:53 PM
sweet!

Administrator
01-26-2013, 04:36 PM
@ Smiley how can you tell??? Also wondering in general why you would want or need a dampening/give .. Just asking because i think that machine works amazing as is??? That machine packs color flawless and is supper flexable to line and do black and grey???

Ppretty sure tatsoul has only ever sold the 3.5mm.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

JoeyJimz
01-26-2013, 04:41 PM
Good to know thanx @ Administrator cause i for sure will pick up one of these new ones when they hit the market but was kinda sketchy about this whole stroke issue people are talking about?? Anyone know what the big difference is?? can you guys elaborate if ya dont mind?

joelhague
01-26-2013, 04:56 PM
I personally like the 4.2 for everything it doesnt make a huge difference in my opinion some people say a shorter stroke is better for black and grey like 2.8mm 3.5 is the all arounder and a 4.2 is a power liner / color packer but personally i can get smooth greys with the 4.2 i think that part is more about your washes hope that helped , if you like to hang lots of needle try out a 4.2 man i also like to hang alot of needle so i usually just set my tube flush with the needle in the up position

peter clements
01-26-2013, 04:59 PM
I should never have got my bishop from tatsoul? cause I have no clue what my stroke is?? I was not given the option ??

You just need some Calipers to measure your stroke http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-Measuring-Calipers-vernier-electronic-engineering-precision-hard-case-/150970966378?pt=UK_Measuring_Tools_Levels&hash=item232692216a Essential for machines with a stroke adjuster like the Dan Kubin crankers.

JoeyJimz
01-26-2013, 06:11 PM
I dont see how those calipers would help you figure your stroke? They have those at lowes or home depot? Hey but has anyone got any real ideah of when these new bishops are set to hit the streets and what the price point will be???

joelhague
01-26-2013, 11:27 PM
You set the needle flush with the tube in the up position then push the needle down and measure with the calipers how far the needle is coming out of the tube , easy as that i picked up a digital one for 20 or 30 bucks i always measure all my machines you would be suprised its not always the stroke they say it is the stealth for example they say the gold bearing gives u 3 mm stroke its actually closer to 3.5 and the silver is closer to 4.2

JoeyJimz
01-27-2013, 05:04 AM
sweet Im gonna try this lol..Man it would sure be dope if franco offered us here first dibs on one of these new bishops? like a pre release offer you know?

joelhague
01-27-2013, 02:49 PM
He probably will I got 50 bucks off my first capo and got it before any suppliers had em

JoeyJimz
01-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Any ideah of when they will be released? just asking cause id hate to order a capo and have that come out a week later.

bmerck11
01-29-2013, 03:47 PM
I thought this month but that as come and gone....you know how these things go. Soon I'm sure

FRANCO VESCOVI
08-07-2013, 06:00 AM
I also had a question for you Franco, you said your coming out with a soft slide, with the new re designed needle clip it holds the needle so tight it doesn't allow any play in the needle like if you used a soft grommets so will the soft slide have the original style needle clip? Because I just don't see how you will get any dampening if that clip is holding it so tight it doesn't allow it to slide back and forth in the clip?

Excellent question, the needle clip rides on a seperate slider within the slider so it dampens perfectly.

FRANCO VESCOVI
08-07-2013, 06:01 AM

Its a 3.5 stroke. Any questions, please ask. Thank you,

FRANCO VESCOVI
08-07-2013, 06:04 AM

Good question, It will lessen the hit only by about 20% and not like some of the other ones out that can lessen the hit by as much as 50% or more. This will be usefull for fellas that are heavy color layering techniques and also is great for soft portraiture work.

stevencash1
08-07-2013, 07:52 AM
When will the micro bishop be released?

FRANCO VESCOVI
08-12-2013, 10:26 PM
When will the micro bishop be released?

Its very close. The bodies are all finished and anodized as well as slides. We just had to re`vamp the backplate. I hope within a month the prototypes will be complete. I also got side tracked on another machine I am working on. Its a mini direct drive machine that will run standard needles and tubes as well as come with a custom CAM and needle bar that will make it instantly and easily transform into a fabulous and strong machine that will run the TTech and Hawk cartridges. I am also in the process of making disposable grips for the cartridges with an aluminum center for maximum vertical stability, so as you can see I have been in the lab grinding hard to make the industry happy!

Look out for special forum discounts that will be available.

rmethric55
08-13-2013, 07:34 PM
Wow looks cool, any rough guess on price range?

punisher
08-14-2013, 10:41 AM
Wow you have a lot in the works and from the sounds of things hard works about to pay off
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Tazman
08-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Sweet!

elbo
08-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Hurry up with those micro bishops...im sorted and happy with my machine choice but ive promised myself i will have a micro bishop ...

FRANCO VESCOVI
08-31-2013, 12:38 AM
Wow looks cool, any rough guess on price range?

We are thinking of a price that is lower than our competition of mini type machines simply because I want people to be able to afford them and at a reasonable price that makes sense for us too. Many of the smaller rotary machines that use the 17 mm small motors are sold at a high price because the motor is much more expensive than the bigger ones. We will keep the price somewhere close to $469 and will come with a hard hitting slide and a soft hitting slide. Look for an updated post here very soon with the official release date.

zack_fa1r
09-01-2013, 04:07 PM
Will you be releasing a 4.2 version as well??? you gave me a bering to replace my 3.5 last september at the london show and its the only machine ive used to colour, shade and pack with since then, too happy to try anything else.

slicksteel
09-01-2013, 05:00 PM
Good question, It will lessen the hit only by about 20% and not like some of the other ones out that can lessen the hit by as much as 50% or more. This will be usefull for fellas that are heavy color layering techniques and also is great for soft portraiture work.
That sounds great franco-as i notice a lot of rotary have to much give-all that is really needed is that 20% for use on thin skin areas and for what you say-to much is counterproductive and takes the puncture feeling/feedback away that the needle gives us.

slicksteel
09-01-2013, 05:08 PM
Excellent question, the needle clip rides on a seperate slider within the slider so it dampens perfectly.
This new damping slide sounds like a great idea-well you be making them for the full size capo also?

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-01-2013, 08:11 PM
[QUOTE=zack_fa1r;91052]Will you be releasing a 4.2 version as well??? you gave me a bering to replace my 3.5 last september at the london show and its the only machine ive used to colour, shade and pack with since then, too happy to try anything else.[/QUOTE
Yes, It will have the 4.2 extra long throw can. Thank you for the suport

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-01-2013, 08:13 PM
[QUOTE=slicksteel;91054]This new damping slide sounds like a great idea-well you be making them for the full size capo also?[/QUOTYes, they will be released around the same time. I have been working on them for over 2 years and Im finally proud of the last prototypes. Its the first ever slide with built in give (non- adjustable)

Stay Tuned!

sammyfrog75
09-02-2013, 12:13 AM
What are they benefits and differences between the micros and the capo? also the built in give, what benefit would it bring to let say using the one already in place in the capo? Any chance we could have a pic as to what micros look like at this stage :-) ?

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-03-2013, 01:44 AM
[QUOTE=sammyfrog75;91066]What are they benefits and differences between the micros and the capo? also the built in give, what benefit would it bring to let say using the one already in place in the capo? Any chance we could have a pic as to what micros look like at this stage :-) ?[/QUOTE

Hello Sammy, I will be posting photos real soon. We are currently just finishing the design for the new Backplate. We will be releasing the RCA model first, and then shortly after, a clipcord model. To answer your questions, The benefit/differences between the Capo and MicroAngelo would be that the Micro is half the weight of the Capo and will satisfy folks that prefer those lighter rotaries. Also, the other differences would be the motor torque (still working on that as we speak)

As for the built in give on the MicroAngel, it is unique to any other slide type linear rotary in that the give is literally imbedded in the slide and precisely measured to be about a 35% softer hit than the original slide in the capo or any previous versions. This is something that is exciting to me because as many of you know, I do not use, nor suggest adjustable rotary machines (if you have an adjustable, I say this in full respect to the builder) as I feel that it makes it harder to measure the XYZ factor that I will elaborate here soon on a writing that I am working on that explains more of this theory in greater detail. Most, if not all my friends that use adjustable rotary machines either turn the hit all the way down, or half way, and that is my suggestion when people ask what my opinion is on this topic. In having a slide with a measured amount of give will allow your brain to memorize that feeling of depth to feel and it wont ever get lost when switching to the different types of skin that exist as we all know. I use the non-give Bishops to achieve my black and grey tattoos because that is what My hand, mind and feel is used to and so do alot of my peers, however, the softer hit slide will allow artists who may have adjusted their color and grey skills to a give type feel, so this will be an easy transition to using my machines.

Lastly, keep in mind that its only going to have about 35% more give, as I don't believe any more give is necessary and can be achieved by our hands using a lighter depth to feel. I previously coined this as "Organic Give" meaning that it is our hands that can control this naturally and with more precision once we get familiar.

Thank you and I hope this information is useful.

hellraiser6662
09-03-2013, 06:52 PM
I do very much agree about give systems, I've got a quite few good top range rotaries with give and to be honest I always turn it off as I find its another thing to try to think about and get your head round, and all I want to do is tattoo and get it smooth and right. Softer grommets work right for me! I've only got one bishop at the mo and I use it for nothing but bng with 15 mag never used it for anything else, I done a seminar with ivano natale in the early summer and he uses bishops totally. Sometimes it's best to keep with one make or use the same machine with the same setup every time as you can get used to that and know exactly how it puts the colour in at what volts! To keep jumping from one machine to another because it's the new kid on the block is not the best thing to do? Are we always looking for the utopia of machine? Is there such a thing? I've just got the new RW Springer and again I'm still not sure on give! I might just get a new bishop 2013 to see if there's any difference to my 2012. Are you at London convention this year? Perhaps pick a new machine up there

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

kylthms
09-17-2013, 07:47 PM
snarf lol

cagelavey
09-30-2013, 09:30 PM
any updates on the microangelo, Franco?

tatu richie
09-30-2013, 10:51 PM
damn wish u had these at the miami show, see ya there homie

darkness
10-02-2013, 06:49 PM
yes any updates :)

MikeyD
10-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Well, i would imagine i will add one or two of these to my growing Bishop stable lol. Looks amazing!

primoink
10-03-2013, 04:00 PM
i gotta have one! lol love my bishop machine!! and bad ass customer service! franco was awesome and actually engraved mine with my wedding date and wifes name because i refuse to wear a wedding ring so my wife gave me the bishop machine during the ceremony in place of the ring!

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-03-2013, 08:44 PM
i gotta have one! lol love my bishop machine!! and bad ass customer service! franco was awesome and actually engraved mine with my wedding date and wifes name because i refuse to wear a wedding ring so my wife gave me the bishop machine during the ceremony in place of the ring!

I remember that and It was kool you sent us the photos. Good idea for a wedding ring!!

hellraiser6662
10-03-2013, 09:02 PM
A bit heavy on the finger though hehe

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

sammyfrog75
10-04-2013, 10:40 AM
I was wondering if the new tech in the microbishop slide will
be adapted to the actual bishop as it sounds like a pretty cool
idea.....

cagelavey
10-04-2013, 11:58 AM
yes, he said something to that effect earlier in the post

sammyfrog75
10-04-2013, 07:13 PM
Yep! My bad.... The dampening slide for the full size capo
will be released at the same time at the microbishop.
Just can't wait to have those babies in my hands...

JOSH.TA2
10-25-2013, 08:33 PM
wasnt that machine supposed to be released like a year or two ago?

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-30-2013, 04:29 AM
wasnt that machine supposed to be released like a year or two ago?

Yes I had hoped to release it sooner but we have gone thru some even better improvements on the motor and shape of the machine so this took alot of extra time. This machine will be a flawless beauty that will push the cartridge needles with ease and the new shape is as sexy as J-Lo's ass!

gautam
10-30-2013, 06:33 AM
the new shape is as sexy as J-Lo's ass!

Damn! cant wait to see it...

tatu richie
10-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Yes I had hoped to release it sooner but we have gone thru some even better improvements on the motor and shape of the machine so this took alot of extra time. This machine will be a flawless beauty that will push the cartridge needles with ease and the new shape is as sexy as J-Lo's ass!
i got to hold it and check it out at this last convention this past weekend in miami with fronco, gotta say its a kool lil machine, cant wait for the release

sammyfrog75
11-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Is it going to be able to push any needles or has it got some limitations, and compared to the capo, is it going to run faster than the current one?

elbo
11-08-2013, 01:58 PM
I cant wait to get one...Love my Bishops and this looks and sounds great...

FRANCO VESCOVI
11-29-2013, 12:48 AM
Is it going to be able to push any needles or has it got some limitations, and compared to the capo, is it going to run faster than the current one?

Indeed just as powerful. It pushes big mags with ease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

tatu richie
11-29-2013, 12:56 PM
Indeed just as powerful. It pushes big mags with ease

and an extremely kool lookin lil piece too. cant wait homie

elbo
11-29-2013, 02:52 PM
Im waiting one one of these...my micro bishop fund is stashed safely...

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-02-2013, 04:24 AM
Im waiting one one of these...my micro bishop fund is stashed safely...

so close... deals are also going to be given for our forum brothers and sisters..

reigningink
12-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Honestly, as much as I'm looking forward to this little powerhouse, it's reassuring when a builder pushes back a release to perfect their creation. Just gives me a bit more confidence that the investment..... that will likely sink me more into debt.... will be well worth it :)

sammyfrog75
12-18-2013, 09:17 AM
Have you got a better idea as to when the micro is coming out?
And have you got a little pic maybe of what it looks like now?
Also when you say deals for guys on the forum does that include those on the other side of the world :-)

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-29-2013, 12:36 AM
Yes Sammy the deals are for anyone in the world. I will post up a few new pictures soon. Just not too soon as our "friends" overseas love to fugazi our stuff so fast. Thank you

Dom
12-29-2013, 12:44 AM
I have both the og bishop and the capo, both in lambo orange, cant wait for this new toy!!!!! Pig in shit springs to mind!!!!!

sammyfrog75
12-30-2013, 09:47 AM
fair enough, i can only sympathize with the feelings you might have about your labor of love you have spend so much time creating and for it ending up being copied so quickly and being sold for a peanut..... If there's any consolation, the serious guys, artists who are in the trade and know how it works will not buy those cheap crappy imitations...... The rest, scratchers will go on and buy the knock offs because they A)can't afford the real machines and wouldn't know the difference between your one and a chinese one which will lead them to.... option B) wouldn't be allowed to use them because they aren't real tattooists so they will buy stuff from china, then because of the crap they just bought, they'll realize they can't tattoo which will hurt or worse scar their clients who i'm afraid kinda deserve it a little as there is no excuse nowadays to go to a scratcher with all the infos available on the net which will make the scratcher give up on tattooing......It might not change the way you feel about it all but since i realize tattoo artists will not waste their time and money on crap machines, lets focus on better things like our art form and our subjects who are the ones that really matter and that's why we need real quality machine and equipment, and i think i'm not alone to feel that way........
So thank you for the insane amount of time spent on creating those wonderfull machines and that goes to all of you who are trying to change our industry for the better.......

FRANCO VESCOVI
01-07-2014, 01:57 AM
Thank you Sammy, great response and great words of wisdom. At the end of the day builders like myself don't get to sleep much or spend calling time with the family, it's insane passion to keep creating things for industry for guys like you, thank you

gautam
01-07-2014, 03:17 AM
Thank you Sammy, great response and great words of wisdom. At the end of the day builders like myself don't get to sleep much or spend calling time with the family, it's insane passion to keep creating things for industry for guys like you, thank you

Respect sir :thumbup:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

denrbyn
01-10-2014, 04:42 AM
sweet cant wait

Bishopbyname
02-07-2014, 03:53 AM
Any release date on these yet Franco? Holding off buying a current Bishop (i got a 1st generation with Maxon in a trade and i love it) until i know more about this. I also love using the machine as it shares my family name. :D