PDA

View Full Version : Cheyenne hawk dilemma

Tkocevar1
05-05-2013, 06:18 PM
So I have an original hawk. It's having some issues I'm not sure exactly what the problem is but basically when you try and run the machine the motor does a half turn and that's about it. It kind of gets stuck. My guess is the motors whooped.

At any rate I got the machine in a trade. I contacted Cheyenne they said to send it back to the distrubutor. After I explained the situation already. So got dead ended their then I emailed kingpin and unimax to see if they can point me in the right direction to get this thing fixed. Nothing back from either of them and it's been a week. So my real question is if anyone has had this problem, how did you go about resolving it.

OwlsDen
05-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Are you using the original power supply? The motor is polarity protected and if you use a different power supply the voltage may be switched. This forcing the motor to stop. I remember when the hawk first came out, I was told that if I wanted to get one I had to get the power supply too as it wouldn't run with normal power supplies.

Tkocevar1
05-05-2013, 07:33 PM
I've been using it on an eikon ems 300

OwlsDen
05-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I would try and swap the polarity of the cable. Maybe make a cable with a male and female plug that changes the polarity so you don't have to alter the original..

artoftatt2
05-05-2013, 08:41 PM
I have been using the spirit on a critical and a pu1 from Cheyenne and their is a not a big difference... But if i try an eikon i need to start it off really high volts.. I suggest only running their machines on the Cheyenne ps..

Tkocevar1
05-05-2013, 08:48 PM
My spirit runs totally fine on it. It's just the original one. And I'll give that a shot owls den thanks

R0st0ck
05-06-2013, 12:01 AM
If the same had till recently with a similar problem. Time she worked very well and sometimes the engine did not turn at all or only very slowly convert has also not helped. It seems to be a problem with the electronics which is right behind on the engine. Because I had no more guarantee, I have screwed on them and without further ado have soldered 2 cables directly to the engine. Since then she ran without problems and had never again the mistake.

Tkocevar1
05-06-2013, 08:45 PM
Thanks for the input guys Cheyenne has been no help at all

Zapp
05-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Cheyenne Hawk (Mt. Derm ) has a great customer service ! I had problem with a grip and they just replace it for a new one !!!!

ape72patch1
05-18-2013, 03:10 AM
Heyya,the deal is the Cheyyanne power supply is 1 Amp and a regular can go between 2 to 4 Amps.You will need a power supply with a lower amperage-the lower the more power.The more power the easier to push your motor.But be careful cheap low amps power supplys can burn it out easily.You can go up to a 2 amp pwer supply but the first Hawk has more trouble starting than the following two hawks,so I would recommend a 1 or 2 amp power supply,easily bought from a quality electronics shop.

DCtattoos07
05-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Does anybody know how to actually take the head apart? I need to get in there and tighten down the small allen screw that locks the plunger into the cam.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2