PDA

View Full Version : New Spektra Halo Power Slider.

fkirons
06-19-2013, 08:15 PM
To all Halo owners and potential owners.

So I've been playing around testing different things to make the Halo an even quieter machine, reduce vibration, sound and perform like never before.

After testing thing arounds, I designed a Power Slider that is self lubricant and that can make the machine run smooth as silk with less lubing and better performance overall.

This slider is available in all Halos new colors and is now the Standard for all machines machines.

To all those owners (with proof of purchase!!!!!) we a are glad to upgrade your Halo to this new slider for $25 (shipping included in the US).

All you would have to do is to fill out this form http://www.fkirons.com/shop/service-your-machine
and stick the cash in the box with machine and send along the form.

Then we will ship within 48hrs, regular priority mail.

This Power Slider also makes the Spektra Halo run amazing with Cartridge adaptors.
This slider also changes the sound of the Halo to a smooth humming, virtually silent.

johndameart
06-19-2013, 08:41 PM
I will send mine out asap. may even need some tender loving care haha, been using this thing daily. :) also, need to get a cartridge grip off ya

crabink
06-19-2013, 09:04 PM
so were not shipping the machine back.. just the cash and the form and you mail the part and we upgrade ourselves?

mattmillerink
06-19-2013, 09:08 PM
And I just sent my in! I'm literally waiting on usps to deliver it tomorrow. The irony

tatu richie
06-19-2013, 09:13 PM
so were not shipping the machine back.. just the cash and the form and you mail the part and we upgrade ourselves?
no u ship the machine and the money and gaston will do it and send it back

tatu richie
06-19-2013, 09:14 PM
To all Halo owners and potential owners.

So I've been playing around testing different things to make the Halo an even quieter machine, reduce vibration, sound and perform like never before.

After testing thing arounds, I designed a Power Slider that is self lubricant and that can make the machine run smooth as silk with less lubing and better performance overall.

This slider is available in all Halos new colors and is now the Standard for all machines machines.

To all those owners (with proof of purchase!!!!!) we a are glad to upgrade your Halo to this new slider for $25 (shipping included in the US).

All you would have to do is to fill out this form http://www.fkirons.com/shop/service-your-machine
and stick the cash in the box and send along the form.

Then we will ship within 48hrs, regular priority mail.

This Power Slider also makes the Spektra Halo run amazing with Cartridge adaptors.
This slider also changes the sound of the Halo to a smooth humming, virtually silent.
dude thats freakin awesome and stand up as fuck bro thnx. cant wait ill send all mine out on monday. i have 50 :)

Zapp
06-19-2013, 09:26 PM
What about customer from europe ! Its fucking expensive and pain in the arse with customs ????

fkirons
06-19-2013, 09:26 PM

no u ship the machine and the money and gaston will do it and send it back
Hahaha Smart one. Fixed!

fkirons
06-19-2013, 09:27 PM
What about customer from europe ! Its fucking expensive and pain in the arse with customs ????
message me zapp

chris-in-cali
06-19-2013, 09:31 PM
would be cool to just order the slider...what if for some reason we prefer the old slide.

how hard are they to swap out?

im just curious bro because i only have one halo now and i use it daily...shipping it out for 4-5 days would fuck my schedule all up

fkirons
06-19-2013, 09:39 PM
would be cool to just order the slider...what if for some reason we prefer the old slide.

how hard are they to swap out?

im just curious bro because i only have one halo now and i use it daily...shipping it out for 4-5 days would fuck my schedule all up

Hey Chris, each slide needs to be rectified and fit per each machine we build. Even though all machines look the same, microscopically they are not and the slider and body require tight tolerances. This is why this upgrade is optional. We can sell you all other parts but the slide is the core of the machine and we feel comfortable doing the job ourselves.

nivek
06-19-2013, 10:17 PM
I dunno if I can live without my halos.. I guess I'd have to do it one at a time.

How much to Canada ? I can get the US cash

fkirons
06-19-2013, 10:23 PM
I dunno if I can live without my halos.. I guess I'd have to do it one at a time.

How much to Canada ? I can get the US cash
Message Kayleigh to arrange a paypal payment.

nivek
06-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Message Kayleigh to arrange a paypal payment.

Thanks ! Will do first thing next week.

crabink
06-19-2013, 11:22 PM
Gaston the Halo is my daily machine... i cant send it out...
i am booked 7 days a week right now through july
can you send me the slider so i can do it?
.. i can pay the 25.00

JoeyJimz
06-20-2013, 12:03 AM
Aghh my halo just got shipped yesterday lol . Looks like im gonna be sending it back in before i even use it .

fkirons
06-20-2013, 12:04 AM
Aghh my halo just got shipped yesterday lol . Looks like im gonna be sending it back in before i even use it .
No, it has the new slider :D

JoeyJimz
06-20-2013, 02:04 AM
Oh sweet good to know? Lol i was like ohh shit why does this always happen to me lol..Thanks cant wait to get it and post all my work i do with it.

hudozhnik
06-20-2013, 02:43 AM
Dear Gaston, what you need proof of purchase? I bought my
Spektra here http://xktattoo.ru/lang/ru/category/tattoo-supply/fallen-kings-irons/spektra-rotary received with the purchase of a machine without a receipt

mattmillerink
06-20-2013, 05:07 AM
Hey Gaston. I had sent my halo in for service (I did mention on the work order that I thought there might be a slider problem) right before your Toronto con trip and it was shipped after you guys got back. What's the chance you put the new slider in? I'm hoping I don't have to be without both of my halos next week :o

fkirons
06-20-2013, 12:40 PM
Hey Gaston. I had sent my halo in for service (I did mention on the work order that I thought there might be a slider problem) right before your Toronto con trip and it was shipped after you guys got back. What's the chance you put the new slider in? I'm hoping I don't have to be without both of my halos next week :o
Please contact Kayleigh at customer service as I don't handle shipping and won't be able to answer your question.

vodu
06-20-2013, 04:45 PM
for me it will be a huge problem too, Im waiting already, one and a half month to one machine arrive here, If i service them Iīll be without anything to work...and god knows how many time it takes to have them back...

fkirons
06-21-2013, 03:01 AM
We are talking with a very reputable distributor in Brazil. You will have FK Irons and Spektra in your country very soon my friend.

vodu
06-21-2013, 11:46 AM
fair price?

Administrator
06-21-2013, 12:06 PM
Please contact Kayleigh at customer service as I don't handle shipping and won't be able to answer your question.

Please contact Kayleigh at customer service

should add this to your signature. ;)

johndameart
06-21-2013, 01:00 PM

hahaha agree!

fkirons
06-21-2013, 01:37 PM

And I think it's a great idea! DONE!

fkirons_kayleigh
06-21-2013, 03:11 PM
And I think it's a great idea! DONE!

Hahahahaha! :-P

saymorekings
06-21-2013, 10:20 PM
I literally just received my new halos in the mail today. Any chance they already have the new slider or am I going to have to send these badboys back without even getting to play with them? I've been dying waiting for them!

fkirons
06-22-2013, 12:17 AM
I literally just received my new halos in the mail today. Any chance they already have the new slider or am I going to have to send these badboys back without even getting to play with them? I've been dying waiting for them!
New slider On Your machine was Installed :)

saymorekings
06-22-2013, 12:55 AM
New slider On Your machine was Installed :)
Nice!! Thank you!

punisher
06-22-2013, 07:39 AM
In good news everyone doesn't like to do anything without there halos. I'm the same way. Anyway I can hand deliver it if that's okay with you to save time on turn around it's become my go to machine at this point. Every tattoo I do has the halo involved in it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

fkirons
06-22-2013, 05:53 PM
in good news everyone doesn't like to do anything without there halos. I'm the same way. Anyway i can hand deliver it if that's okay with you to save time on turn around it's become my go to machine at this point. Every tattoo i do has the halo involved in it.

Sent from my droid razr using tapatalk 2
for sure man, ill give you also a little tour though our workshop.

punisher
06-22-2013, 08:25 PM
That would be really awesome! Let line something up, I'm generalky free mondays and tuesdays

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2

biggietattoos
06-22-2013, 08:51 PM
Dude you'll love the warehouse! Gaston has such a dope set up going on!

fkirons
06-22-2013, 11:46 PM
That would be really awesome! Let line something up, I'm generalky free mondays and tuesdays

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 2
You got my number, hit me up when you are ready!

fkirons
06-22-2013, 11:47 PM
Dude you'll love the warehouse! Gaston has such a dope set up going on!
I'm glad you enjoyed the tour man.

BIG ROOS
06-23-2013, 12:37 AM
I'm going to order one. Do y'all do over night or 2 day shipping ?

fkirons_kayleigh
06-23-2013, 02:11 AM
I'm going to order one. Do y'all do over night or 2 day shipping ?

They're normally built to order which incurs a bit of lead time, but if you call I can make special arrangements. You can PM me here or call 855-fkirons

Tim210g
06-23-2013, 03:14 PM
wish I had proof of purchase!!!

fkirons
06-23-2013, 08:10 PM
wish I had proof of purchase!!!
GET in touch with Kayleigh. Will take care of you.

rowdy
06-24-2013, 03:20 AM
If you got your halos on trade how much would the upgrade be?

fkirons
06-24-2013, 10:44 AM
If you got your halos on trade how much would the upgrade be?
Get in touch with Kayleigh to coordinate.

rowdy
06-25-2013, 01:45 AM
Thanks did speak with her and I will ship soon!

Administrator
06-26-2013, 05:41 PM
GET in touch with Kayleigh. Will take care of you.

Get in touch with Kayleigh to coordinate.

Gaston for talking about Beer and Basketball.

Kayleigh for all other inquiries. ;)

bigbadripple
06-27-2013, 10:08 PM
Purchased mine via Eikon within the last week and a half. Is there a way to use the machine's # on the card inside the box to see if it has the new slider? Thanks.

fkirons
06-27-2013, 11:27 PM
Purchased mine via Eikon within the last week and a half. Is there a way to use the machine's # on the card inside the box to see if it has the new slider? Thanks.
YOu are good just contact Kayleigh. (read my signature)

Tat2dPinoy
06-29-2013, 10:11 AM
Taking advantage of this for sure, thanks Gaston! 4 Halos coming your way

johndameart
06-29-2013, 11:28 AM
Sent the form through email, now I will send the machine Monday!

fkirons
06-29-2013, 06:59 PM
Sent the form through email, now I will send the machine Monday!
thanks John

JoeyJimz
07-01-2013, 01:23 AM
Just wondering how to lube this machine when its time to do so?

Tat2dPinoy
07-01-2013, 08:18 AM
Just wondering how to lube this machine when its time to do so?

http://youtu.be/REDrBhZFAG8

JoeyJimz
07-01-2013, 11:40 AM
but my machine has the new slide is it any differnt?

serial1313
07-01-2013, 11:57 AM
I don't think the way that you lube it will change @ all. It has all the same pieces it's just the slider has been improved.

crabink
07-01-2013, 09:55 PM
So far the new slider sounds and feels exactly the same to me .... but all three of my Halos run pretty quiet, and sound fine after I lubed them well.
Got a new graphite Halo today and when i went to cut the give spring.. found out it was already shorter... lol good one Gaston... it can still be short IMHO.

Gaston is lubing the new power slider different?

fkirons
07-01-2013, 11:49 PM
Hey Crab, Latest machine came with improved Sliders that werent exactly the same but makes the Spektra Really quiet. With this new slider you don't need to lube them as much. If so one drop every 100 hours and re grease every 250 hours. How do you measure that...I don't know lol.
Just do not over lube or you will kill it.

fkirons
07-01-2013, 11:50 PM
but my machine has the new slide is it any differnt?
Do not bother the machine for the next 150 hours. One drop only inside the machine, how it shows the video.
If you have any further questions contact us.

planetearthtattoo
07-02-2013, 09:22 AM
What happened with the machine you put up on fb yesterday? I can't find the picture anymore. Best regards Jim

asA
07-02-2013, 09:52 AM
This seems like a mess trying to figure out have version of the slide you have. I guess if ya missed this version another one will come out next week. Good luck. No wonder every halo runs totally different.

fkirons
07-02-2013, 10:01 AM
This seems like a mess trying to figure out have version of the slide you have. I guess if ya missed this version another one will come out next week. Good luck. No wonder every halo runs totally different.
I don't know the why of your bitterness. Last time I checked you have been treated with respect. But as I stated before that this slider was standard in all new color Spektras. If your Spektra machine has no issues no need to upgrade. Please don't mislead.

asA
07-02-2013, 10:13 AM
Sorry if that came off as bitter. But 2 years of testing and making a machine.. Then another year of releasing different slides after different slides. If you order more than one machine how could you ever get 2 that run the same. The answere is you don't...

fkirons
07-02-2013, 11:49 AM
Sorry if that came off as bitter. But 2 years of testing and making a machine.. Then another year of releasing different slides after different slides. If you order more than one machine how could you ever get 2 that run the same. The answere is you don't...
It's the nature of evolution. Look at Microsoft, Apple, ford, an any manufacture that strive to perfect their products. Without going that far. Check out the many tattoo companies that release products and upgrades to their prior version. "A great product is a constant work in progress... (Gaston Siciliano)"
yes it is my own quote :)

asA
07-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Good luck man. Have fun with the next version of the slide. :)

Zapp
07-02-2013, 12:00 PM
It's the nature of evolution. Look at Microsoft, Apple, ford, an any manufacture that strive to perfect their products. Without going that far. Check out the many tattoo companies that release products and upgrades to their prior version. "A great product is a constant work in progress... (Gaston Siciliano)"
yes it is my own quote :)

The problem for oversea customer is they cant make a upgrade without having the risk to pay tax again and have no machines anymore for work in weeks !!!!
And another problem is you cant sell it anymore without a upgrade,no one will buy it !!!!
I love your machines and the stuff you bring out,my 2 machines runs good for me but if i want to sell it someday i have a problem !

vodu
07-02-2013, 12:20 PM
The problem for oversea customer is they cant make a upgrade without having the risk to pay tax again and have no machines anymore for work in weeks !!!!
And another problem is you cant sell it anymore without a upgrade,no one will buy it !!!!
I love your machines and the stuff you bring out,my 2 machines runs good for me but if i want to sell it someday i have a problem !
I know what you mean...the custom here in Brazil is a nightmare, sometimes takes 90 days to receive a DVD...I rather buy all the slide/piston set and pay more to just receive at home, because send and wait to come back for me is impossible I could risk lose my machine...If you start to sell all the set I want to buy without even think of it, Iīm all halo now, one of the motives is if a motor breaks I can buy another one and wait with the motor of other machine...send one machine for me is the last option...

fkirons
07-02-2013, 03:38 PM

we we will sell the upgrade slider with instruction on how to fit them. So this issue is completely solved unless the user can't read :)

tatu richie
07-02-2013, 03:57 PM
well i can say atleast gaston is there to make sure a machine is running the way they should and if he makes an upgrade its great bcause that shows me he hasnt just forgot about us (people that own halos) as far as the new slider goes, damn i do see and feel a hell of a diff, i actually can turn the power up and its smoother and much quieter and alot less vibration, so good job and good lookin out bro and not just leaving us stuck on something that can be improved. there is a reason why i have so many halos bcause they real suit me well.
looking forward to more of ur work, and the new grip man great job, cheaper and well built

Zapp
07-02-2013, 04:00 PM
we we will sell the upgrade slider with instruction on how to fit them. So this issue is completely solved unless the user can't read :)

Mate,this would be great and a very good customer service !

vodu
07-02-2013, 05:03 PM

And thatīs gentlemen, is why I wouldnīt give away my halos. Best service without BS. Gaston do something thats already great, becomes even better, without being halo2, halo3, halo4....leave that to microsoft.

fkirons
07-02-2013, 06:39 PM
I will put a video out soon on YouTube on how to property fit your slider. I am hoping to find the time this week.
Im glad you like it Richie. All the other 4 Halos went out yesterday.

fkirons
07-02-2013, 06:41 PM
And thatīs gentlemen, is why I wouldnīt give away my halos. Best service without BS. Gaston do something thats already great, becomes even better, without being halo2, halo3, halo4....leave that to microsoft.
yes, we didn't have to make our users buy a whole machine to take advantage of an improvement. This is the beauty of the halo. No Screws, no special tools to break it apart.

tatu richie
07-02-2013, 07:53 PM
shit cant wait for my slutty 2 bit hoes to make it home to big daddy :)
thnx brother and i hope u rock that shirt on the reg lol

serial1313
07-02-2013, 08:00 PM
shit cant wait for my slutty 2 bit hoes to make it home to big daddy :)
thnx brother and i hope u rock that shirt on the reg lol Haha! It sounds like you have been reading the book PIMP by: Iceburg Slim. It has a pimp slang dictionary in the back of the book.

tatu richie
07-02-2013, 08:59 PM
Haha! It sounds like you have been reading the book PIMP by: Iceburg Slim.
hahahahaha

fkirons
07-02-2013, 09:30 PM
hahahahaha
Gangster paradise. Hahahahaha. Andres Stole that TShirt from me. Thanks bro.

tatu richie
07-03-2013, 01:12 AM
Gangster paradise. Hahahahaha. Andres Stole that TShirt from me. Thanks bro.

Lmfao what a dick. Ill get another one out to ya

PAWNJOB
07-04-2013, 05:06 AM
I for one was happy to pay the $25 for the upgrade, I think it's reasonable. If it improves the performance of the machine I'll be happy to send it in for any future upgrades ās well. I could tell that it made a noticeable difference w/ the noise and vibration. Can't wait to actually tattoo w/ it and write a review!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PAWNJOB
07-06-2013, 01:05 PM
I only used it to line three small tattoos but this feels like a whole new machine, much smoother. W/ a 1" SS grip there was no longer any vibration to speak of even at 10v! This is a light weight machine w/ a killer hit so it still vibrates a little too much for my liking when lining w/disposables, but still a big improvement. I'm anxious to try shading at lower volts w/ both 3/4" SS and disposables, I'll keep you posted.

Short Version: the upgrade's worth it

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

johndameart
07-06-2013, 05:03 PM
def cant wait to get mine in!

Scottystyles
07-06-2013, 07:05 PM
Loving my new ones! I was wondering why they seemed quieter! Haha! I should read this forum more often! Thank you Kayleigh for sending my new ones and making my purchase experience awesome! Love the colours too.. Hahaa not that that makes much difference to its performance.

johndameart
07-20-2013, 12:32 PM
So I received my halo back. :)

First things First. it is Definitely Quieter. Im amazed on how much of a difference it made.

The Vibration is so much less as well, me being all Disposable, That makes it a huge plus for sure.
not having to try harder at keeping my hand steadier withe the vibrating with a disposable like most machines.

I have noticed also that when trying to pack color in, it also makes it smoother to do so as well as less harsh

Definitely a Win!

Thanks Gaston and Fk for switching them out!!

fkirons
07-22-2013, 10:56 PM
So I received my halo back. :)

First things First. it is Definitely Quieter. Im amazed on how much of a difference it made.

The Vibration is so much less as well, me being all Disposable, That makes it a huge plus for sure.
not having to try harder at keeping my hand steadier withe the vibrating with a disposable like most machines.

I have noticed also that when trying to pack color in, it also makes it smoother to do so as well as less harsh

Definitely a Win!

Thanks Gaston and Fk for switching them out!!
I'm glad you like it. Should you have any questions feel free to ask.
Thank you for your support and business John.

johndameart
07-22-2013, 11:23 PM
No problem! I will be placing another order soon for 1 or two more spektras and possibly an fk liner too :)

fkirons
07-23-2013, 09:43 AM
No problem! I will be placing another order soon for 1 or two more spektras and possibly an fk liner too :)
Anytime bro