PDA

View Full Version : Spektra Halo power bogging

bigbadripple
07-04-2013, 12:28 AM
Anyone have their Halo bog down while unloaded? I've used it maybe 2 hours and during 1 of those 2 hours, I had it slowing down and speeding up, almost like surges. I had to stop using mid line work. I tried afterwards to see if it was the RCA cord or something else but it kept surging and cutting back. Took my gear home to try that and see if it was the electric there but the same thing. I was thinking it may just need to break in so i ran on auto for a lil bit and still bogging down then opening up, all with no needle. Any advice or something I'm missing before I send it in? It was purchased through Eikon. Thanks in advance.

mattmillerink
07-04-2013, 12:41 AM
What about when your motor was out? Could it run normally without the body?

bigbadripple
07-04-2013, 12:56 AM
Hey Matt, thanks for replying. I didn't even think of doing that. I just ran it from 5-10 volts and it never did once bog down like it was when on the body of the machine. So, I'm guessing its the slide or something else that's sticking inside that's making it pulse.

mattmillerink
07-04-2013, 01:18 AM
Talk to Keighley on the forum. Its actually real easy. I thought something similar was happening to a black halo I got and it came back cool. Hey also is it a new one with the new power slider?

bigbadripple
07-04-2013, 01:45 AM
I don't think it has the new slider. Haven't been able to really check it out. Thanks again. Ill probably get in touch with them via email and wait for them to get back in from the holiday. I hope its a quick fix. I really dug it when it was running smoothly. heaven on the old mitts.

joelhague
07-04-2013, 05:54 AM
Its probably over lubed take it apart clean it all off use q tips to get inside and the re lube according to the youtube vid should slove your proble if its not something more major too much lube can def bog u down tho

PAWNJOB
07-04-2013, 12:14 PM
If a lighter application of lube doesn't work and you can't sort it out over the phone send it in! I've had a couple different similar problems w/ mine and they're good about taking care of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

bigbadripple
07-05-2013, 01:42 AM
Thanks guys!

fkirons_kayleigh
07-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Hey,
Sorry for the delay! I was out of the office yesterday, but the guys on here pretty much hit the nail on the head... Just in case anyone else experiences the same issue:

From what you're describing there's 1 of 2 things that could be going on, so it should be a fairly easy fix.
To figure out exactly what's going on I'd need to have you try to run the motor detached from the body and see if you are experiencing these "surges" while the motor is alone. If the motor runs fine on its own, but boggs down in the body, it's normally a lubrication issue…
If the machines haven't been broken in, the grease lubricant that is used can build up and cause additional friction which is what will make it seem like the machine is speeding up and slowing down, but luckily it's an extremely quick fix to get the machines up and running 100% again.
All you'll need to do is add a couple of drops of the oil lubricant to the machine to cut down the friction of the grease as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REDrBhZFAG8&feature=youtu.be

This should fix up the issue, but in the rare case that you experience this issue with the motor alone then it could be an issue with the motor itself that we'd need to look at, but 99% of the time I've heard this happen it's been a simple lubrication fix :)…

bigbadripple
07-05-2013, 09:01 PM
So cool, Thanks for the response. Truly great service as expected. I will try the fix tonight and let you know what I find.

bigbadripple
07-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Ok...that didn't go well. I took the halo apart and lubed as per the video on the website. I plug in and start to run higher and lower on my critical. It is still slowing down and speeding up (not a steady whirrr). I continue going 6 volts to 13 when I hit 12.1 and it stops completely. I proceed to take it apart to see whats up and the slider is stuck in the body now. I don't want to force anything on it because I'm afraid of breaking something and screwing my warranty. The motor seemed fine, ran it high and low without a problem. Its definitely a body /slider issue now. I'll keep updated on the process, as I'm sure it will be quick as per everyone else who has had to deal with issues with FK.

bigbadripple
07-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Update. Got it loose but it still doesnt feel right, almost seems like the slider is rubbing where it shouldn't.

PAWNJOB
07-07-2013, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't waste anymore of your time, time to send it in.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

fkirons
07-07-2013, 02:18 PM
Update. Got it loose but it still doesnt feel right, almost seems like the slider is rubbing where it shouldn't.
Email us or call at 855-FKIRONS and we will take care of you.

bigbadripple
09-02-2013, 11:35 AM
Sorry Its been so long since I've been on to report that I got my Halo back and it is running flawlessly! Still learning it but it is making me a believer. Thanks to Gaston and FK for making it right and standing behind their products. The rest of the shop is jealous.

bigbadripple
09-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Ok. So I bought my second Halo on Labor day as i was taking advantage of the special FK was having. Received my machine (4.0) and used it for the first time last week. The vise is not tightening! I am using the red tatsoul wrath tubes. I can tighten as much as possible and the tube can still be twisted. I've tried switching the vise around and still no go, it keeps twisting. Any advice or anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping i can just have a new vice/screw setup sent. Thanks in advance!

johndameart
09-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Get ahold of Gaston/ fk irons on here or kaleigh on here :)

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:06 AM
hopefully my tracking number comes tomorrow and I can get my halo at the beginning of the week! I fuckin dying from this anticipation, I don't know if ill last!, lol

johndameart
09-27-2013, 02:13 AM
Haha You Will Love It, Just Don't Judge It By It's Small Package ;)

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:26 AM
size doesn't matter, that's what my wife tells me, lmao. its cool I wont, ive researched for a grip before I decided. something this forum has offered me that is priceless, is input on builds. 5 6 years ago if the guys you worked with didn't run em, you just had to take a chance. im sure ill love it, thanks

fkirons
09-27-2013, 06:59 AM
Ok. So I bought my second Halo on Labor day as i was taking advantage of the special FK was having. Received my machine (4.0) and used it for the first time last week. The vise is not tightening! I am using the red tatsoul wrath tubes. I can tighten as much as possible and the tube can still be twisted. I've tried switching the vise around and still no go, it keeps twisting. Any advice or anyone else have this problem? I'm hoping i can just have a new vice/screw setup sent. Thanks in advance!

Hey man did you get this sorted?. Most likely the screw on the knob is a little bit longer and it's poking the tube.
2 things you can do:
a) Get in touch with us and we will send you a new one
or
b) You can simply file it down until screws in in the guillotine without the screw coming throw the vice hole.

Regards:

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:05 PM
sorry to bother you gaston, I know youre busy. I ordered my machine on moday and I know you guys have a process you go thru before shipping out your machines and all, I was just wodering if anyone was in the office today? just because when I had called on Tuesday i was told that my tracking number should be in by Friday but I cant get anyone to pick up at the office. just seeing if maybe you guys are closed for some reaso0n today? thanks again, sorry to bother you, have a good day.

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:08 PM
sorry for posting this here, I thought I was sending a pm, im frazzled, lol. anyway you can pm me, my bad

bigbadripple
09-29-2013, 12:52 AM
PM sent. Thanks Gaston and Kayleigh.

bigbadripple
10-02-2013, 03:08 AM
Taken care of by the awesome folks at FK. Loving my Halos!

fkirons
10-02-2013, 11:47 PM
sorry to bother you gaston, I know youre busy. I ordered my machine on moday and I know you guys have a process you go thru before shipping out your machines and all, I was just wodering if anyone was in the office today? just because when I had called on Tuesday i was told that my tracking number should be in by Friday but I cant get anyone to pick up at the office. just seeing if maybe you guys are closed for some reaso0n today? thanks again, sorry to bother you, have a good day.

Regarding orders in our online store or customer service please refer to our customer service number or email. You will get much more accomplished (and a faster response) than posting on this forum.

Especially during work hours which is when our eyes and ears are focus on our business platform.

It's also a way to avoid pissing off admins or other forum members.

Thanks.

Gaston
FK Irons - Spektra Rotary
www.fkirons.com

cagelavey
10-03-2013, 01:05 AM
no problem

fkirons
10-03-2013, 01:09 AM
no problem

And we love you Cage. Just generally speaking, just trying to offer immediate answers the best way possible.

Gaston
FK Irons - Spektra Rotary
www.fkirons.com

cagelavey
10-03-2013, 01:10 AM
i pm'd you gaston

cagelavey
10-03-2013, 01:13 AM
originally posted by "Gaston" Regarding orders in our online store or customer service please refer to our customer service number or email. You will get much more accomplished (and a faster response) than posting on this forum.

Especially during work hours which is when our eyes and ears are focus on our business platform.

It's also a way to avoid pissing off admins or other forum members.

Thanks.

i know you guys do, lol. on that particular day i did call during business hours, i just didn't know you were in London at the time, lol. no worries though, thanks for everything

tat2dru
12-13-2014, 08:57 AM
If you having a problem with your vise not tightening, just put a washer on it and your good.