PDA

View Full Version : Computer issue.

peter clements
07-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Anybody here computer savvy? My PC has stopped reading my SHDC card it was fine last week. I think it's a windows update screw-up. In "my computer" it used to say "removable storage device F" now it says "Removable disc F" and now when I click on it ,it says "the disc in drive F is not formatted" .It's driving me nuts.

nivek
07-27-2013, 03:18 PM
remove the card - reboot plug it back in - probally a driver hicup

peter clements
07-27-2013, 03:58 PM
remove the card - reboot plug it back in - probally a driver hicup

Tried that.........no good.

tatman555
07-27-2013, 04:47 PM
Go into device manager and roll back the driver for it and that should fix the problem. It will get rid of the update driver

Tattoo_russ
07-28-2013, 12:06 PM
Grab large object, use said object to destroy PC and vent all frustration and anger. After PC is destroyed, buy a Mac. I have two Mac's at the shop and two at the house. Have had the house laptop and desktop since 2006, they still run like champions. You may pay a little more now, but you will save a lot down the road.

peter clements
07-29-2013, 09:04 AM
Grab large object, use said object to destroy PC and vent all frustration and anger. After PC is destroyed, buy a Mac. I have two Mac's at the shop and two at the house. Have had the house laptop and desktop since 2006, they still run like champions. You may pay a little more now, but you will save a lot down the road.

What about an Apple tablet?

Tattoo_russ
07-29-2013, 11:59 AM
What about an Apple tablet?

Have those too. Everything works great together. No issues at all.

joelhague
07-29-2013, 02:02 PM
You wont be able to do everything u can with a desktop on an apple i pad tho. Peter how aboit as a quick fix buy a usb memory card reader from bestbuy and just plug that into an available usb slot and should be good other then that for a premanent fix try rolling back those drivers

peter clements
07-29-2013, 03:32 PM
You wont be able to do everything u can with a desktop on an apple i pad tho. Peter how aboit as a quick fix buy a usb memory card reader from bestbuy and just plug that into an available usb slot and should be good other then that for a premanent fix try rolling back those drivers

I've been using a USB card reader that's what was working fine, I might try a system restore.

peter clements
07-30-2013, 05:44 AM
I've been using a USB card reader that's what was working fine, I might try a system restore.

Did a system restore, went back three weeks, still same problem, I'm wondering corrupted files?

skinmech
07-30-2013, 06:32 AM
PM me a landline number....Paul..

Heath
07-30-2013, 08:45 AM
I use a program called CCleaner, use that and deepclean the PC once a week, I also use AdBlock, AdBlock Plus and NoScript plugin's on Chrome. It protects your PC even further. Combine that with Malewarebytes and you can keep your PC very clean and running just fine.

Usually with something like you're describing I'd Google stuff about driver issues with the hard drive you have and using Device Manager on Windows. There is a way to revert back to an older driver.

nivek
07-30-2013, 09:52 AM
try the card on another computer - cards can get corrupted

skinmech
07-30-2013, 10:45 AM
The problem will be associated with the card/card reader programme....There are various small issues which can be addressed...SD-HC (High Contrast) cards are famously unstable, as opposed to ordinary SD cards...However, there are fixes, and as Nivek said, loading into and copying from a "newer" pc can work, unless of course the problem is corrupted data/run files....