PDA

View Full Version : Using the cheyenne flexi grip

sureno
09-17-2013, 09:22 AM
Hey guys, im planning on using the flexi grip with ttechs on the following machines, dragonfly and the hyper v3
do i need to be aware of anything when using them as heard about removing springs etc? is this a must?

Zapp
09-17-2013, 09:25 AM
You will find any info at the forum when you just research !!!!

sureno
09-17-2013, 09:30 AM
i did a number of searches, i found 1 post from gaston in regards to his halo and with his understanding most rotary machines but i want to know peoples experiences as when i searched using the criteria "cheyenne. cartridge system. flexi grip" it brought a sea of results. thanks for your input though

cagelavey
09-17-2013, 09:55 AM
I heard the dragonfly sucks wit carts. don't know for sure but that's what I heard

Patrick
09-17-2013, 10:36 AM
I've been told the V3 isn't nearly as versatile when using carts. Haven't actually used one yet., though.

sureno
09-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks guys for your response, il use my ego if it doesn't work out with the hyper or DF, from looking at existing set ups the bishop or neo tat seems ideal

Administrator
09-17-2013, 12:10 PM
I heard the dragonfly sucks wit carts. don't know for sure but that's what I heard

Usually its a case of removing a spring to make it work.

sureno
09-17-2013, 12:15 PM
Usually its a case of removing a spring to make it work.
Thanks dude, il look into the procedure and see if I can remove the hyper spring

slicksteel
09-17-2013, 12:27 PM
Dont use the ego with them they will burn out the motor-it small and was not made to do it -there is a thread on it.
I find most slider machines such as the neos, etc work best if you take out the stayup spring.
Pretty much any machine that has a strong enough motor will work.If you use hawk carts it takes more power to push the needle as they have different internal setup that was made to be used with there machines. .Also most of the china knockoffs carts have a stiff coiled spring.
Directdrives, Swiss rotary and stealth type work great.
the blitz is a slider that is made with no stayup spring-it works awesome with carts.

"corrected information"

sureno
09-17-2013, 12:31 PM
Dont use the ego with them they will burn out the motor-it small and was not made to do it -there is a thread on it.
I find most slider machines such as the neos, etc work best if you take out the stayup spring.
Pretty much any machine that has a strong enough motor will work.If you use hawk carts it takes more power to push the needle as they have a stiff coiled spring that was made to be used with there machines.
the blitz is a slider that is made with no stayup spring-it works awesome with carts.

thanks so much for the heads up, I'm just looking at taking the springs out, seems quite a intricate procedure (to me anyway) il have a look tonight

sureno
09-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Oh and is it the "stay up" spring that I remove from the DF?

asA
09-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Pretty much any machine that has a strong enough motor will work.If you use hawk carts it takes more power to push the needle as they have a stiff coiled spring that was made to be used with there machines.
the blitz is a slider that is made with no stayup spring-it works awesome with carts. hawk carts have springs? Wierd......

slicksteel
09-17-2013, 01:58 PM
Na they dont asa,I was thinking of some of the other brands that do. They have a rubber sleeve and white bearer that it is pushed against. Which you already now this! ;)

sureno
09-17-2013, 06:46 PM
ok so BAM, springs are out!!! out of 4 machines, the only one that didnt have loctite on the screws was 1!!! long story short, place allen key into grub, heat key with flame (not machine) then wait for it to cool and turn, ruined 3 allan (hex) keys till i tried heating gently, now will try them tomoz