PDA

View Full Version : New disposable "Fantom" tubes for cartridge system

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Ever asked yourself why isn't there a disposable cartridge grip tube made for the industry? Well your wait will soon be over. The process definitely isn't as easy as one would imagine to create the molds to perfection on this tube. For over a year, We here at Bishop have been working on this project between working on machines and tattooing and my busy machinists schedule, we have finally been able to get the prototypes done for what we are calling "FANTOM TUBES" and I hope to have them as a trial run for anyone here on the forum mid november. We are currently making them here in Los Angeles and theres a good chance we can have the first ever american made disposable tubes at a fair price to you guys. The price of the grips will be between .90 cents and a dollar.(keep in mind that all you need is one tube per tattoo with the cartridge set up)

I would love to hear any feedback, concerns and/or ideas for what you want in the perfect disposable cartridge tubes such as color, grip size ect. We are in a prototyping stage so Im able to make small changes that may be influenced by the kind folks here that wish to leave any suggestions.

Thank You Guys,

clint morrison
09-25-2013, 03:15 PM
It's about time. Looks awesome. Been waiting for someone to do this for a while now. 1 or 1.25 inch are my favorite. Will it work with t-tech plunger?

OwlsDen
09-25-2013, 03:19 PM
I think they look very nice, and will fill a void that people are looking for. Best of luck to you Franco.

skinmech
09-25-2013, 03:32 PM
So, would the cart be pushed in, and turned to lock in place...?...Depending on the material, I assume rubber/plastic compound would be fine, and if it is dense enough, it would have vibration reducing properties as well as a solid feel when gripping....Providing, it works with the "available" plungers, or, if the plungers can to be "snipped" to suit, it looks like a viable and interesting addition, as I don't mind adjusting my tube tip to suit my depth/throw.. My only concern would be the material of which it is composed of...Wish you well on this Franco...

cagelavey
09-25-2013, 04:08 PM
oh , please put me on that trial list, dedicated cartridge user, that would be awesome franco, good job. no more waiting on t tech saying next month, next month, next month, lol

mattmillerink
09-25-2013, 04:43 PM
I would freaking love to try them out!

gangstajay
09-25-2013, 05:22 PM
thats great franco making moves

jasonadelinia
09-25-2013, 06:39 PM
They look great! I hope they will be available in the UK!

fkirons
09-25-2013, 06:40 PM
Great minds think alike. Glad to see more people working towards these innovations.
Would love to work in conjunction with you to standardized certain aspects of this new product.
Here is our RPG disposable manufacture proto:

cagelavey
09-25-2013, 06:52 PM
awesome!!! cant wait

Zapp
09-25-2013, 07:48 PM
They look great! I hope they will be available in the UK!

Anywhere in eu would be awesome !

skinmech
09-25-2013, 08:29 PM
So lemme get this straight, two well respected and conscientious Builders, collaborating together to achieve something to the benefit of the "user population".........BANG.....""""""headblew""""""....

Mr.Taboo
09-25-2013, 08:35 PM
When I first saw cartridges I wondered why someone wasn't doing this , it seemed like the next logical step.

fkirons
09-25-2013, 08:41 PM
So lemme get this straight, two well respected and conscientious Builders, collaborating together to achieve something to the benefit of the "user population".........BANG.....""""""headblew""""""....
You might be right man! :)

slicksteel
09-25-2013, 09:33 PM
Please Please ! Can one of you -Bishop or Fki please make a standard model with a thick standard 1inch textured grip-no fancy bevels ,cuts etc and a sturdy back stem that will not bend. This will help to add some weight for us guys that use heavier roto's and coils. Also a standard grips just works better for some of us.
:)

Bully Jey
09-25-2013, 09:45 PM
This is what I've been waiting for before making the switch to carts. You guys rock thank you. I wonder how difficult it would be to make some in the Humbolt style? Maybe get permission first I don't know, I like that grip style though, real comfy. Good work fellas!

tattoosbyjamison
09-25-2013, 10:00 PM
This is something that needed to be done for a while now. They look good from both companies. Keep up the great work and looking forward to these.

johndameart
09-26-2013, 02:20 AM
cant wait till these and fk's/spektras version come out. :)

fkirons
09-26-2013, 02:57 AM
Good talking to you yesterday Franco. See ya in Miami.

needlemaniak
09-26-2013, 06:39 AM
Think about making smaller ones for us girls and small hands !

Patrick
09-26-2013, 12:20 PM
[QUOTE=slicksteel;92943]Please Please ! Can one of you -Bishop or Fki please make a standard model with a thick standard 1inch textured grip-no fancy bevels ,cuts etc and a sturdy back stem that will not bend. This will help to add some weight for us guys that use heavier roto's and coils. Also a standard grips just works better for some of us.
:)[/QUOTE

What he said :)

tatu richie
09-26-2013, 01:51 PM
Great minds think alike. Glad to see more people working towards these innovations.
Would love to work in conjunction with you to standardized certain aspects of this new product.
Here is our RPG disposable manufacture proto:

that would be reall kool

PHILink TATTOOz
09-26-2013, 02:06 PM
fki and bishop? would you ever make a disposable that would fit the hawk?

joelhague
09-26-2013, 02:15 PM
I think hawk would have to do that i wouldnt doubt if they tried to sue you both like they did t tech. i would love to test these for either of you i have been waiting on a disposable cart grip for a long time as well. Look forward to november ps4 and disposable cart grips shot this is a good holiday season everyone remember to stock up on ur t tech carts cuz i have a feeling they are gunna be low on stock once these things hit. Gaston i think you should talk with eikon since you guys are already working together somewhat listing there products on your site and come up with another cartridge company eikons needles in a cart made by fk and them would be awesome. we need more alternatives i hate hawk carts i love t tech but there is room for improvment and its only something tattooers can do to really improve

joelhague
09-26-2013, 02:16 PM
Oh and if hawk did come out with disposable grip expect it to be around 10 dollars per grip no doubt

PHILink TATTOOz
09-26-2013, 02:33 PM
should be easy to side step a lawsuit from hawk by saying it was invented to fit the inkjecta flite

cagelavey
09-26-2013, 03:19 PM
I talked to a French lady from t-tech the last time I made an order and, I was like is anything going to come from that lawsuit from Cheyenne? am I going to have to like buy up as many t-techs as possible, lol, just in case something stupid happens. she said that there is nothing to worry about that t-tech is not going anywhere. they were able to prove that there are many other carts out there with a similar design even before t-tech came out, and several other cart type grips in production. and the only thing the same on there carts are the "UNIVERSAL" locking system, the rest of the cart is completely different and unique. fuck Cheyenne! I hate them corporate money driven assholes. the only reason they are up in arms against t-tech is because they made a superior cart at a fraction of the price, and they are selling like gangbusters. their sponsored artist are closet t-techers, lol. anyway, they are going to have to sue the entire tattoo industry cause the whole industry is being driven to this awesome system. variety is what it is about, with companies like fki and bishop leading the way. nothing is entirely new, just improved upon and made better than its predecessor. with out this type of development, we'd still be using Thomas Edison's machine, and nothing else. EVOLVOLUTION, is the nature of our species and the evolution of our tools is only practical and to be expected. I just think that if Cheyenne wants to rule the roost then they just stay inventive and not try to monopolize an industry with inhibition.

slicksteel
09-26-2013, 06:48 PM
For sure on that cagelavey they did not think of the locking system on the top of the cart/inside grip it had been used for years on all kinds of products to put two piece together.They simply adapted it to tattooing.

hellraiser6662
09-26-2013, 08:44 PM
Oh I would live to have a go with these once they are out, making a set up to use with the hawk would be great have a universal threaded top holder then a way to slot in your grips and tighten up. Also we need more companies to make cartridges with more needle groupings! ! The grips them selfs are good but more cartridges let's not have to keep using expensive hawk, and limited t-tech.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

hellraiser6662
09-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Envy needles in a cartridge oooosh.

fkirons
09-26-2013, 09:07 PM
Interesting....

punisher
09-27-2013, 09:03 AM
How did I sleep on this post? This is big news very interested I. The cartridge system but hate auto cleaving tubes all the time this is perfect for me
Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Dreviltattoo
09-27-2013, 12:21 PM
finally! there is a button for disposable tubes on the ttech website but it's a dead link, so they must be coming out with one too. I'm down to try em all!

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-27-2013, 01:11 PM
For sure on that cagelavey they did not think of the locking system on the top of the cart/inside grip it had been used for years on all kinds of products to put two piece together.They simply adapted it to tattooing.

About 18 years ago I used to Tattoo with a cosmetic tattoo machine called Mei Che, they had a similar cartridge system, as well as many others but so much time has passed and everyone just assumed cheyenne were the creators and inventors, but really all they did was come out with their own type of cartridge system, something me and other builders should have the right to do as well, I personally don't like the tension and the liner needles from Hawk. I like T TEC but there is much room for many improvements, I have been talking with somebody about teaming up to make another version but only better because we are both tattoo artists who know what we need. After all, Cheyenne Hawk machines were never made for body Art, they were always made just for cosmetic tattooing until the corporate, Money hungry Board of Directors decided to capitalize on our industry. And now they are trying to corner the market so that they could own it all, I don't know what you guys think but that mentality needs to be snuffed quick!

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-27-2013, 01:14 PM
It's about time. Looks awesome. Been waiting for someone to do this for a while now. 1 or 1.25 inch are my favorite. Will it work with t-tech plunger?

We are thinking of including a free plunger with every tube, the tip will not be as fat as the teeth yet, but there won't be anything to worry about because we will be supplying the plunger

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-27-2013, 01:17 PM
fki and bishop? would you ever make a disposable that would fit the hawk?

One of our designs includes the threaded cap That you will be able to use these on HAwk machines

rjdadio
09-27-2013, 02:02 PM
MT Derm who is the parent company has worked for years to get laws passed in The European goverments to require the use of a cartridge system in tattooing......so if the company controls the patents where no other company can produce cartridges. Who stands to make all the money?
One of the pen devices they produce for PMU (permanent make-up) market uses a cartridge were the size is different and will not accept the tattooing cart. I remember when the carts would cost $15 per. They still charge the high prices for the PMU carts......so what does that say about their biz practices ?
I would say to be careful of mt derm....because they will use their lawyers to stop or slow down your products. But with that said.....go for it and show them they can't control the biz. And I would say to just make a solid adapter and not with the click stop adjustment.....have had a number of artists who complain about them going out of adjustment when they hook the clipcord and turn the machine in their hands.

hellraiser6662
09-27-2013, 02:18 PM
Yea they move to much just by the weight of the machine, but what would be good would be one without the clicks but use a screw lock to stop where you like? I use microtape to stop mine from turning and to boost the size I put a rubber sleeve on it as well. With New cartridges coming out and grips I've let a little bit of wee out haha good times.

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:20 PM
well said ray, NO MONOPOLIES! I love how grounded you are. with people like you, gaston, and franco in the biz., this industries future looks real bright. im happy to be witness to these amazing developments.

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:24 PM
also the vivace is one of the few machines I have found where you don't have to remove the stay up spring to run carts(the silver spring, not the red) and it works beautifully with carts, I love that machine, I pm'd you ray

rjdadio
09-27-2013, 02:30 PM
About 18 years ago I used to Tattoo with a cosmetic tattoo machine called Mei Che, they had a similar cartridge system, as well as many others but so much time has passed and everyone just assumed cheyenne were the creators and inventors, but really all they did was come out with their own type of cartridge system, something me and other builders should have the right to do as well, I personally don't like the tension and the liner needles from Hawk. I like T TEC but there is much room for many improvements, I have been talking with somebody about teaming up to make another version but only better because we are both tattoo artists who know what we need. After all, Cheyenne Hawk machines were never made for body Art, they were always made just for cosmetic tattooing until the corporate, Money hungry Board of Directors decided to capitalize on our industry. And now they are trying to corner the market so that they could own it all, I don't know what you guys think but that mentality needs to be snuffed quick!
Hey Franco, I don't think it was the Mei Che machine but maybe the KP machine. And the funny thing about the KP.....it was very similar to the Cheyenne.
Mei Che came on after them.....Im pretty sure......but may be wrong.
And our MT Derm folks have bought out a number of the PMU machine companies to have more control over the biz.

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:46 PM
I am so glad all you guys agree, I was felling like I was the only one. I hate corporations that step into an industry built on pride and personal acheivment an turn it in to a something soulless and make the advancement of that industry completely capitalistic in nature and suck dry any possibility of developing any type of camaraderie which by definition is, a spirit of friendly good-fellowship. it makes me angry beyond belief! we have to fight this every step of the way or lose our individualism and creative idealism through the cracks of a court room floor!

chris-in-cali
09-27-2013, 02:48 PM
ya...t-tech fucked up...they could have made a killing selling disposable tubes for their carts....especially since people are already on their website buying their carts.

I have been bugging t-tech for almost a year now...this is clearly a case of if you lag, you lose

.if you check some of my older posts I often mention how there could be huge market for disposables that ran with carts.

Im just really glad it is being developed by 2 solid dudes in the biz.... Gaston and Franco....and not some cheap chinese company.

Funny thing is, there was a disposable tube that worked with carts....the hummingbird tubes....then they just one day changed the design so they would no longer work without letting their customers know....i still have 3 or 4 boxes just laying around collecting dust because without the ability to use carts with them.....they are just cheap chinese crap...lol

rjdadio
09-27-2013, 02:50 PM
ok.....looked it up. I stand corrected.....Mei Cha did start before KP, Mei Cha in 1984 and KP in 1985. Another one of the companies that had a market share in PMU was Camline from 1995. All of these have special needles and cartridges and some had seals or sponges to keep the pathogens from creeping up into the handpiece - Ray

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 02:54 PM
ive never had anything come up one of my t-tech carts, not saying it isn't possible. I think if some one does improve upon the t-techs id want it to be close to the same elasticity as the t-tech carts and less like the Cheyenne even if that new cart had a barrier similar to Cheyenne. the Cheyenne carts have way to much pressure for me, just my opinion.

rjdadio
09-27-2013, 02:56 PM
well said ray, NO MONOPOLIES! I love how grounded you are. with people like you, gaston, and franco in the biz., this industries future looks real bright. im happy to be witness to these amazing developments.
I have always done what I do, to improve the industry! And if we all work together to do just that, we will all reap the rewards!

rjdadio
09-27-2013, 02:58 PM
ive never had anything come up one of my t-tech carts, not saying it isn't possible. I think if some one does improve upon the t-techs id want it to be close to the same elasticity as the t-tech carts and less like the Cheyenne even if that new cart had a barrier similar to Cheyenne. the Cheyenne carts have way to much pressure for me, just my opinion.
The new carts have a seal.....that works as the spring....and keeps the crud at bay.

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 03:53 PM
originally posted by "rjdadio" I have always done what I do, to improve the industry! And if we all work together to do just that, we will all reap the rewards!

we have to work together. its the only way, we need a Tattoo Coalition. the definition of coalition is, a pact or treaty among individuals or groups, during which they cooperate in joint action (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_venture), each in their own self-interest, joining forces together for a common cause. brothers in arms

mattmillerink
09-27-2013, 05:16 PM
originally posted by "rjdadio" I have always done what I do, to improve the industry! And if we all work together to do just that, we will all reap the rewards!

we have to work together. its the only way, we need a Tattoo Coalition. the definition of coalition is, a pact or treaty among individuals or groups, during which they cooperate in joint action (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_venture), each in their own self-interest, joining forces together for a common cause. brothers in arms

A coalition or any kind of leadership would ruin this business. With a big head or a set of big heads alluva sudden we are open to manipulation and regulations. It'll put us all under one roof and whoever put the most money in would make the house rules.

Its already so bad. Being divided yet with our hands together in the best way for us not to be put down on. This business is suppose to let us be off the grid and individual.

rjdadio
09-27-2013, 05:57 PM
In an ideal world......but power, agendas, dramas and such......it would not work.

I was going to respond back on this, but didn't. so I'm glad you did

hellraiser6662
09-27-2013, 06:49 PM
Yea but we need to keep a eye on the Tescos of the tattooing world(Big super market chain of England lots of fingers in pies and the odd horse those who don't know) because if we don't things could slowly get out of are hands, people getting together on a project is great it works in tattooing so I can't see why it can't work in the machines them selfs as well.

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 07:28 PM
I guess there is no perfect answer, and egos do tend to run rampant, in any profession, so I see that, I do believe that forums like this are a good start. I see a lot of conflicts here also and also egos in abundance, but more than that I see a lot of things get figured out, and I see ignorance washed away with the abundance of information available here. its really awesome to know I can come here everyday and know about the new devices available for our craft, and if not for this forum I would not have as much knowledge about issues as such as this. I definitely believe this is a step in the right direction. also, just as a side note, in fort wayne where I began my tattooing career. there is a sort of camaraderie amongst tattoo artist and together a lot of fine regulations and laws were brought about by working together within the tattoo community. it was illegal for so long up until people stood together and fought to have it changed. since then working together with the board of health the regulations in fort wayne are more suited to the artist and not so much the state, not just regulations for the sake of regulations. getting involved can bring about a lot of change. I know that if something like I suggested where a hierarchy of sorts with someone at the head of the table, shit wouldn't work, but if we don't regulate ourselves to some extent, someone will come along and do it for us, and we may not like the outcome then.

rjdadio
09-27-2013, 08:01 PM
having had the opportunity to work with Arizona state and federal law makers......most of them are idiots. I was an elected person for two terms......they like to call themselves "officials." Anyway....less regulation is better than over regulation and and more important is education. A person who has done alot to educate Indiana officials is Max's dad....I can't remember his first name......____ Egy. See, I'm an idiot too....lol.
Believe he is in Terre Haute, so not sure if that is the same county you are in.

rjdadio
09-27-2013, 08:06 PM
Indiana is amazing....friendly competition is ALWAYS a good thing.

cagelavey
09-27-2013, 09:50 PM
yeah its Maxwell Egys father, hes the one who helped get it legal in fort wayne, that's awesome you know that. fort wayne isn't close to terra haute but maxs dad Michael is the same kat. Max worked with my homie Ryan Hadley in fort wayne, they are insanely largely responsible for the positive way that tattoos are viewed in the fort. ryan did an amazing piece of Jessica alba on my back, with one of your neos, lol.

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-27-2013, 10:04 PM
Hey Franco, I don't think it was the Mei Che machine but maybe the KP machine. And the funny thing about the KP.....it was very similar to the Cheyenne.
Mei Che came on after them.....Im pretty sure......but may be wrong.
And our MT Derm folks have bought out a number of the PMU machine companies to have more control over the biz.

How are you Ray, Good input on this post. I did a bit of research and found that MeiCha started in 1984 and the KP company best known for their KP-96 rotary machine that was the inspiration that Cheyenne hawk used to create their machines. interesting fact, MeiCha invented the first digital rotary machine to come with disposable parts. As many do not know, MT Derm, the parent company of Cheyenne was started in 1998 by Jörn Kluge, C.E.O and took many ideas from both KP and MeiCha to develop their machine since at the time, those 2 companies were the leaders in Professional permanent make up products. I remember thinking how easy it was to change out the needle tips and how cool if the body art industry would one day follow. Just to inform many of you of their business ethics, they sell their Almost the same needle cartridges for the perm. cosmetic industry for $17 a piece, if this isn't highway robbery, I dont know what is. Someone should tell the many talented perm. make up folks that they can get them for $3-4 but would have to buy the hawk machine.

As for MT Derm trying to take complete control of the industry by means of lobbying the government, I have heard this many times and is complete Bullshit. I hope that quite a few companies come out with cartridges of many sorts so that our artists do not need to be forced to buy only Cheyenne. The biggest let down to Cheyenne was when TTECH came out with a better cartridge with less resistance and much better needles and a fraction of the price. Its not like Cheyenne is making those in Germany, They come also from China.Maybe if Cheyenne produced quality needles at an affordable price, no one would of needed to search elsewhere. Good old corporate greed!

Ray, I still owe you that beer nextime im in AZ!

FRANCO VESCOVI
09-27-2013, 10:09 PM
ya...t-tech fucked up...they could have made a killing selling disposable tubes for their carts....especially since people are already on their website buying their carts.

I have been bugging t-tech for almost a year now...this is clearly a case of if you lag, you lose

.if you check some of my older posts I often mention how there could be huge market for disposables that ran with carts.

Im just really glad it is being developed by 2 solid dudes in the biz.... Gaston and Franco....and not some cheap chinese company.

Funny thing is, there was a disposable tube that worked with carts....the hummingbird tubes....then they just one day changed the design so they would no longer work without letting their customers know....i still have 3 or 4 boxes just laying around collecting dust because without the ability to use carts with them.....they are just cheap chinese crap...lol

Im sure the chinese will copy us right away, We just hope you all would prefer to support the guys that invest blood, sweat and money to come out with them. We will do our best to make them beyond affordable. Also, the hummingbird ones were not reliable, they were too tight and inconsistent.

cagelavey
09-28-2013, 12:25 AM
this thread is what I live for. so many great minds in one place, bringing nefarious intent to light, lol. being able to set down and share ideas and knowledge for the betterment of this craft. god I really need to take this test for AP World History so I can get all this shit out of my head, lmao.

rjdadio
09-28-2013, 02:30 AM
see....not as dumb as I look..lol. History is an important subject indeed! This is how we make things better without falling for the same mistakes as in the past.
We as an industry need to keep companies like MT Derm in check, or there won't be an industry to work with...

rjdadio
09-28-2013, 03:01 AM
The MT Derm machine that they have been marketing to the PMU industry is the Nouveau Contour. It is a vertical pen device that is very expensive to own. The company put forth this "digital" bullshit, and that the only way to apply PMU was with a digital machine.......the digital was the stupid power supply! it was just a rotary pen device. Back in 2004 the Contour cost around $6000.00 and at last pricing it varied between $2500.00 and $7000.00. They worked to make the system "blonde" proof by having color coded settings on the power supply and colorcoded cartridges with number counts for needles. The system was so dumbed down that most of the new PMU techs did not really understand what was going on with the needle configurations......ok, I need to do eyebrows I load the blue 5 and push the program setting for blue 5.....and dip it in pigment and go. Yep, that crazy. We had a terrible time educating the techs on what the tattoo needles were all about, and to this day some do not understand. It is a shame that the techs were sold on the belief that the only way to get good equipment was to spend lots of money.....LOTS of money. If it costs more....it must be better.

Some know that I got my start in 2004 with the PMU biz. I made a machine that did not need proprietary needles and where they did not have to take out a morgage to pay for the tool. And in doing that, I converted a number of Nouveau people and cost MT Derm a bit of money......so they have made it their mission to put me down in the tattoo biz. I have found it very funny how they work.....oh well...I will keep on doing what I do!

rjdadio
09-28-2013, 03:20 AM
Ray, I still owe you that beer nextime im in AZ!

This biz....with all the stress, has turned me into a fat drunk.......I drink way too much beer these days. But what the heck....I'll drink to that.

cagelavey
09-28-2013, 03:25 AM
drink one for me, lol

fkirons
09-28-2013, 06:32 AM
Yea but we need to keep a eye on the Tescos of the tattooing world(Big super market chain of England lots of fingers in pies and the odd horse those who don't know) because if we don't things could slowly get out of are hands, people getting together on a project is great it works in tattooing so I can't see why it can't work in the machines them selfs as well.

You can say the "wall mart" of tattooing, in the States :)

fkirons
09-28-2013, 06:44 AM
I feel a bit nauseated regarding this subject.
Especially because I am in america and love this country and industry.
We cannot allow anyone to control our industry. Especially by people that have nothing to do with it
to begin with.
Messed up that they try to pass laws to grow their wallets! That is sickening.

PS: I wonder if anyone owns a patent on a direct drive.

punisher
09-28-2013, 07:37 AM
I just want to say this is a fascinating post. I feel the people of this forum would. Be loyal to a USA brand. Can't say much for the rest of the industry with sow much Chinese manufactured junk being shoved down the industries throat. Unless your reading these post I don't know a single needle or disposable tube that is advertised that it is Chinese. I only use tatsoul for supplies anymore but even then I couldn't tell any one where there needle or tubes are made. I would assume china. So I know this is going to be no easy task but I for one support it and hope it is a success. Certainly will promote it in my circle of artist friends.

cagelavey
09-28-2013, 09:45 AM
yeah, completely excited to see a disposable tube and cart being produced on this continent. (nothing against Europe, Australia, etc.) it'll just be nice to know where all of the prodcts and tools we use come from and whos pocket our hard earned money is going to. with the help of forums like this one it'll also be easier to make purchases over seas also. because of the readiment of information that this site provides.

sammyfrog75
09-28-2013, 11:38 AM
I'm not American but can we(in Australia) use them as a trial too? Obviously I'd pay the asking price...... Also when are the 2 new machines coming out roughly?
And I'd like to add that we too(Australian and possibly the rest of the world) agree with you guys about the Chinese crap that comes out....
We too are feeling frustrated about getting cheap knock off and can't really prove where it's been made(I got 2 bishops from our Australian supplier and when i opened the machines to change the cams I read on the motors that they are Maxon sample only motors.....
Now not saying it's not OK to run but it feels like(unless it's in my mind) than they dont run like the other 2 bishops I got sent by the original bishop company.......
Kudos to you to make a stand and believe me I'd rather buy the extra money to get quality stuff from you guys than China.....

cagelavey
09-28-2013, 02:46 PM
I know, that's why I mentioned Europe and Australia. you guys have some very inventive stuff coming from Australia and Europe, obviously with some of the best machines on the market. I was just stating, that it is so much more convenient to see more products come from our country. also, there is a huge problem in America with outsourcing to other countries. so the more we can have made here the better it is for us as individuals and our economy. im sure you guys have to deal with customs a lot and it sucks, long wait times for products, etc.

rjdadio
09-29-2013, 02:04 AM
You can say the "wall mart" of tattooing, in the States :)

So funny you say that....it is that exact statement a company I was making parts for.....They wanted to be the "wally world" of the tattoo industry. It is why I basically stopped working for them

rjdadio
09-29-2013, 02:07 AM
I think we need to get an American company making our small motors for us! I would invest in that! How about a kickstarter? Anyone game?

fkirons
09-29-2013, 07:00 AM
I think we need to get an American company making our small motors for us! I would invest in that! How about a kickstarter? Anyone game?
That would be great an amazing initiative.
I always wondered why there is not a single solid american motor manufacturer.

One thing for sure is that almost the majority of the components needed to make a motor comes from china.
I'm down to be part of the solution just let me know what can be done and how to get it going.

cagelavey
09-29-2013, 07:18 AM
that would be awesome, an American made motor to rival maxon! "gaston" i cant wait to get my halo, im feeling like a crack head waiting to recop. im fiending, lol. im bout to drive from Indiana to Miami!

No Iron Machines
09-29-2013, 11:15 AM
hey, but the good point of the CHEYENNE is the possibility of adjust the needles depth on way from the grip, with DISPOSABLE FIX GRIP that is not possible, rite ???

i try before some of the T-TECH NEEDLES WITH STEEL GRIP, GOOD QUALITY, but why nobody else don't start produce some serious NEEDLES CARTRIDGE ????

THE CHEYENNE are so expencive, and the T'TECH are the only other solution, and many times are SOLD OUT some needles configuration becouse the biggest request from artists, of course,

i think can be good some other CARTRIDGE option , or the problem is the PATENT from CHEYENNE, or what ????

GREETS AT ALLA, COMPLIMENTS TO FRANCO AND GASTON FOR THEYR NEW PRODUCTS

punisher
09-29-2013, 12:00 PM
Needle depth can always be changed through the cams on the machines or buy adjusting the tube a little bit

punisher
09-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Just like you would when setting up any tattoo machine.

No Iron Machines
09-30-2013, 02:31 AM
i know about that, but is not the same, the original CHEYENNE GIRP make adjust the depp of the needle son the way, just turn the grip, that was the good point of that stupid expencive grip,

fkirons
09-30-2013, 02:40 AM
i know about that, but is not the same, the original CHEYENNE GIRP make adjust the depp of the needle son the way, just turn the grip, that was the good point of that stupid expencive grip,

You simply release your tube vise and move your grip forward backwards. Let's not get too lazy for the sake of technology. This has been working perfectly for years with any tube!

Yes it is convenient to "click click" to adjust needle depth but a simple twist of your vice screw can achieve the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

elbo
09-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Clicking the adjustment depth is all very well but that is the one piece of the Cheyenne grip that is prone to failure...Some end up sloppy and loose and others seize solid...Ive had them stop working and i know many others that have had faults occur with them...keep em simple...

joelhague
09-30-2013, 05:46 AM
Drip some magic oil from fk irons in a seized hawk grip and let it sit over night it will fix it

No Iron Machines
09-30-2013, 06:53 AM
HEY GASTON.... This has been working perfectly for years with any tube!

SIMPLE COILS MACHINES HAVE BEN WORKING PERFECTLY FOR YEARS, SP WHY U GET MAD TO IMPROVE ??? IS NOT THE POINT MAN.... I DON USE CHEYENNE AND I DON LIKE THEM,, I JUST WANNA SAY THAT THE GOOD POINT OF THAT STUPID TUBE WAS THE ADJUSTMENT ON THE WAY JUST TURN THE GRIP, THATS ALL

IM 100% PRO TO YOUR DISPOSABLE TUBES MAN, OF COURSE, ANY NEWS IS GREAT

cyclopstat
09-30-2013, 11:23 AM
Still thinking for long and waiting this one for long! Finally someone make it!

DougHardy
10-01-2013, 04:13 AM
This is very interesting. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Sarenity Tattoo
10-03-2013, 09:16 AM
This is gunna be so awesome!

johndameart
10-03-2013, 10:36 PM
I wanna try yours and Gastons :)

Inkwerks
10-03-2013, 10:42 PM
i want to be on that list of the waiting........

@RileyHoganTattoos
10-07-2013, 03:30 AM
These look awesome! I've been waiting for something like this for awhile now, I would love to try them out! I would have to agree with some others on here as well for size of the grips, 1.25" would be ideal. Cant wait to check 'em out!

cagelavey
10-07-2013, 05:53 AM
yeah the more I use 1 1/4" grips, or 1" grips with cover, the more I like the comfort of that particular size. you can go for hours on a piece with nothing close to cramping happening. I also want to say, that it would be awesome if these disposables by each company diving into this direction should make them consistent in how the carts are pushed. just so you don't have to buy different push rods from each company. I'd really love to have been a fly on the wall when Gaston and Franco were talking the other day, lol.

Blitz Mfg
10-08-2013, 01:22 PM
Please note that there are already American Made disposable tubes on the market ... check them out ... http://www.blitztattoo.com
* Blitz Mfg. design and quality that you have trusted for over a decade
* Same ink well and ink flow as the metal tubes
* Hospital-grade sterilization
* American made
Visit our website, where you can purchase Blitz Disposables with the same inkwell/flow as our metal Blitz Combinations.

For your convenience, we offer:
* 3Round Angle (fits 1-3 liners)
* 5Round Angle (fits 5-7 liners)
* 7MAG
* 9MAG

Dreviltattoo
10-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Please note that there are already American Made disposable tubes on the market ... check them out ... http://www.blitztattoo.com
* American made
Visit our website, where you can purchase Blitz Disposables with the same inkwell/flow as our metal Blitz Combinations.

* 7MAG
* 9MAG
thanks for the commercial, but if you read the thread then you would see this is about a disposable tube that takes ttech and hawk cartridges.

Administrator
10-08-2013, 02:51 PM
I have cleaned io the threads. I think what they wanted to clarify here was that there is American made disposable tubes already. I cam appreciate what Franco and mason are doing it just the this will be the first made in the usa disposable is not correct though at this point its a small part of what this thread is about. One of the folks working for blitz was just trying to help. Call it a rookie mistake they're new to forums.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Dreviltattoo
10-08-2013, 03:08 PM
word

FRANCO VESCOVI
10-13-2013, 11:10 PM
* American made

* 7MAG
* 9MAG

Different product entirely. We are manufacturing a grip for the cartridge system. Although I do praise you for supporting american made tattoo products.

pacojoe
10-18-2013, 01:05 AM
ive been waiting for somebody to do this!

DrewsJumpingShip
11-09-2013, 03:16 PM
Still planning on releasing these this month? can't wait to try them out.

cagelavey
11-09-2013, 03:22 PM
im with drew, anxiously waiting!:)

Jonathan Tylor
11-09-2013, 04:44 PM
1 1/2 inches grip size, Please!

Vinoshitto
11-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Any progress?

I have never tested cartridged grips/needles before. I have been wanting to try it out for years but it just never happened.. And now due to my new shop being an all disposal shop I had to wait until someone came up with a disp. solution for that problem.

I really want to step into this cartridge driven era right now.
Because I had it with loading up 3-4 machines with dif. grips and wrapping and bagging them..
I just want to load one machine with one grip and thats that. Just change the tip.
C'mon.. just the tip.. Just the tip!!! ..

cagelavey
11-18-2013, 07:16 PM
vino, its awesome, with the halo(my machine of choice) or any rotary for that matter, they rock. works great with no give or as i like, with give. i like running different give settings depending on what it is im doing, lining/color/shade. anyway, i fuckin love them. i preach carts all day, but the only reason i do is because they have made my life so much easier, and its just so awesome switching carts on the go. in my opinion one of the best things to happen to tattoos. so, to get back on topic, disposable cart grips are going to change the game so much more, i really believe that cart systems are the way of the future for tattooing. i know not everyone agrees and some will always use standard needles/tubes, and that's cool. i just honestly believe when the disposables are released, its going to fuck some standard needle companies game up. i think if most needle companies don't at least offer carts as an alterative it will fuck up their sells. just the logic behind having a disposable cart system is something you cant really argue with, imho. i know it wont happen right away but when this disposable cart movement happens its going to be evolve or die time. i think the only reason a lot of artist haven't made the switch is because the lack of a disposable grip, and just only having t-tech as an affordable choice. once the carts are more widely available i believe it will change shit. no one has to agree with me, i really don't want to start any drama with anyone, these are all just my personal views, so please no one feel the need to attack me. by all means disagree with me though if that's how you feel, i love hearing other peoples thought, im open to it all. anyway, bring on the disposables! chanting: disposables!, disposables!, disposables!

ATS
11-18-2013, 07:43 PM
Cage I'm yet to try a cart system. But that's about to change as I'm in the process of buying a Kubin DD with a Cheyenne grip... And I have a feeling you're right mate.. I just makes sense... But we need an available quality option over here in Europe. Cheyenne carts are the only available options over here, as far as I can see.. If I'm wrong please educate me.. T-techs don't work out so cheap once they're shipped and if you clobbered for import duty/tax...
So yeah bring it on!

darkness
11-18-2013, 08:23 PM
i´m in germany and testing some new carts from me :) ... this will be cheaper as cheyenne and in the pricerange from ttech but in Europe :)

cagelavey
11-18-2013, 08:41 PM
like i said give it about a year, and i feel there will be amazing options available. would love to try your carts. darkness! tatsoul is coming out with some stuff soon and they have uk/eu distribution, and dale from rotary works, has the grips coming also, among others. its going to be a lot easier in the next year or so worldwide, i know it.

Denner
11-19-2013, 02:28 AM
@ darkness

Sign me up for a whole bunch of them, living in Denmark, I am so tiered of paying high import taxes when ordering from t-tech and their cartridges being out of stock all the time and the overpriced Cheyenne cartridges, so this is the best news in a long time for me, when living in Europe :)

Any chance of a sneak peak or maybe some early test samples to check them out / write e review here on the forum ?

Cheers...
Dennis

ATS
11-19-2013, 10:24 AM
Love it .. Light in the darkness!! great news! Also, please put me down for some testing/samples if at all possible! ;)
And yes, Cage, it certainly is looking rosie!

Ted Saddo
12-08-2013, 08:46 PM
Yes I have been waiting for something like this for a long time, I would love to trial these out and give you honest feed back on this product.
Cheers Ted Saddo.

primoink
12-09-2013, 01:24 PM
amazing!!!
that would be awesome!

MikeyD
12-13-2013, 02:46 PM
Franco, Gaston, It was great to meet you both in Miami. You guys, Ray included, are doing great things, and i am happy to see this coming to life!! I cannot.wait to see these hit the market!!

cagelavey
12-13-2013, 07:49 PM
bishop, fki, and now tatsoul! im so f@#king happy.

asA
12-14-2013, 07:05 AM
Kingpin has cartridge disposable tubes coming out too. Like 5 or 6 people doing the same thing all at the same time. All the companies jumping on the Bandwagon should be good for us tattooers... plenty of people trying to make a buck, so they should get pretty cheap pretty fast. :)

cagelavey
12-14-2013, 02:42 PM
yeah I just seen that on another thread, I love it!

FRANCO VESCOVI
12-16-2013, 02:53 PM
Franco, Gaston, It was great to meet you both in Miami. You guys, Ray included, are doing great things, and i am happy to see this coming to life!! I cannot.wait to see these hit the market!!
Thank you and it was nice to meet you as well.