Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Deceivingly small...it looks way bigger in pictures. Sweet running machine...rad stuff.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    What!? Thats about half the size I thought it was.
    Winds of shit...

Post Thanks / Like
    When mine arrived I honestly was thinking i was tripping. The size of the phelonic side plate, I assumed was about the size of a credit card, trust me, the machine is really tiny, the thumbscrew on the vice just appears large...once I set it up, I couldn't believe how strong it was. My main reason for "needing" it was to be able to pull my really thick lines with more speed and finesse...it actually backs off like a coil, not just "implied give" but you can apply resistance on the armature bar and get back-off/relief....I am not going to make any bold statements but this is the most satisfying machine I've had...only lined with it so far.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yup best bold liner I've tried. One pass lines with whatever needle configuration ya throw at it.

Post Thanks / Like
    So nobody seems to want to describe what kind of drive system this machine is. Or what kind if give it has, is it the same type as the older crankers? As a matter of fact aside from everybody saying it is a killer liner ( makes me want it ) and sounds like a coil ( makes me not want it ), Dan must have a gag order on everyone to not describe the machine other than its diminutive size and it's incredible lining ability. I am starting to think he hid some small coils in there ;-P

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsDen View Post
    So nobody seems to want to describe what kind of drive system this machine is. Or what kind if give it has, is it the same type as the older crankers? As a matter of fact aside from everybody saying it is a killer liner ( makes me want it ) and sounds like a coil ( makes me not want it ), Dan must have a gag order on everyone to not describe the machine other than its diminutive size and it's incredible lining ability. I am starting to think he hid some small coils in there ;-P
    maybe no one know because all of the components are self contained and I dont think anyone wants to take it apart, at least no yet

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattood View Post
    maybe no one know because all of the components are self contained and I dont think anyone wants to take it apart, at least no yet
    I am not trying to suggest that anyone take it apart and divulge its secrets, I imagine Dan worked very hard on his system. It just seems to me that aside from it being small and a good liner we don't here any other features.. Adjustable stroke, type of motor, voltage range, type of give ( adjustable, non adjustable, none at all ), or any machine comparisons even to Dan's other machines. It would be nice to have a frame of reference to understand a machine, makes it easier to decide if it is something I may want to purchase or not.. I am guessing not as it is coil loud ( allegedly ) and why not just use a coil, what's the benefit?

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not trying to suggest that anyone take it apart and divulge its secrets, I imagine Dan worked very hard on his system. It just seems to me that aside from it being small and a good liner we don't here any other features.. Adjustable stroke, type of motor, voltage range, type of give ( adjustable, non adjustable, none at all ), or any machine comparisons even to Dan's other machines. It would be nice to have a frame of reference to understand a machine, makes it easier to decide if it is something I may want to purchase or not.. I am guessing not as it is coil loud ( allegedly ) and why not just use a coil, what's the benefit?
    It has a small coil sound. It has adjustable give & stroke.It has a completely different mechanism than previous machines. It is like a coil because it actually uses coil spring stock inside of it. You want one of these! You will be impressed with how it lines & how it shades & colors. I haven't felt the need to adjust anything on it yet.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    It has a small coil sound. It has adjustable give & stroke.It has a completely different mechanism than previous machines. It is like a coil because it actually uses coil spring stock inside of it. You want one of these! You will be impressed with how it lines & how it shades & colors. I haven't felt the need to adjust anything on it yet.
    It really is killing me, I love the look of these. Although I think I almost have an idea how it is working. The spring steel inside helped me make a mental image. It sounds like its a really ingenious system. Is it louder than a Rapier II?

Post Thanks / Like
    It really is killing me, I love the look of these. Although I think I almost have an idea how it is working. The spring steel inside helped me make a mental image. It sounds like its a really ingenious system. Is it louder than a Rapier II?
    It is about the same. MAYBE a little less than a Rapier II. It has more of a metal sound. When you see how small they are and how well they work you won't give a shit what they sound like. I know you like the Rapier, but in my opinion Rapier don't have shit on Kubin.
    Last edited by serial1313; 02-17-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com