Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi,im only using rotaries,and its a twin output liner shader power supply by precision.i figure magnetised is the motor on the machine ?which it is(magnetised).
    when i press the foot pedal i can kinda feel the power going into the machine,but it seems to be running in reverse?the digital reading goes from 8V to 0.???

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like this?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    does this happen with all your machines?..do you own several different types of rotary's from several different builders? what I have found is two things. 1. it might be the motors in your machine (as dale has said). the power requirement to run the machine may be too high for your power supply and 2. it sounds like there is a draw on the power supply. I get this sometimes with one of my machines. it runs fine and then out of nowhere the light on my power supply dims down and the voltage drops.Its either a big draw (surge in current) or something is grounding out...I also found this alot when I ran needle runners, there was friction in the tube and the needle wouldn't flow easily, the whole set up would overload and stop running (I'm assuming it was because it was a high RPM but low torque motor and didn't have the oomph to push through the friction.) you can see this by grabbing the cam and holding it from spinning then step on your footpedal and you should see the same result, the voltage will drop,the on/off light will dim or even go out...
    Last edited by fatcashdaddy; 05-18-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    jeez!!!! its late over here ok sorry,this is the supply i use,i usually have it hooked with both liner and shader and have never had any problems,i use three rotaries on a regular basis(liner is rca,and shader is clip cord)like i said when i press the foot pedal the readout drops to zero right across the board,i can spin the motor of my shader and it spins!theres no resistance from the motor,ive changed every wire(rca,clipcord,pedal and power)with no joy,i figured i would ask you guys if any1 has had the same trouble,before i take it outside and drive over it!!!! :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    had the same problem with cheap one's... now i run critical or eikon one's.. no problem