Thanks for the reply Johnny.

I tried running the dodgy Hyper v2 today on my Critical CX-2 & actually looked at the readouts on the PSU.. I don't usually read the digital display as I run machines by how they sound & feel.. but it was interesting that the readouts were bouncing around all over the place (speed in hertz was going anywhere from 30hz to 130hz & the Duty & whatever else was changing about aswell - bearing in mind the machine was unloaded & not given any resistance while the numbers were changing all over the place).

I then did the same with the Hyper v2 that runs nice - the read-outs didn't changed an iota, they were completely constant while running it in the same fashion as the dodgy one. I'm pretty sure this is how it should be.

Bare in mind I'm not clued up about the various read-outs - all I know is one keeps consistent numbers displayed whilst the other one fluctuates all over the place. I'm not sure how the Critical CX-2 deals with rotary or hybrid machines & whether the read-outs are completely relevant & if they're an accurate translation of what is really going on.

I'll get in touch with Stigma soon to try & get to the bottom of it I suppose!

Thanks.