Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the sidewinder was high, but at least they're one off hand made machines. Shit 650 for one of those is cheap compared to these two machines. And it will line with a 18rs whereas neither of these can. I want an apex and an amen but there's nooooo way I'm paying that much for a mass produced machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bretttattoos View Post
    I thought the sidewinder was high, but at least they're one off hand made machines. Shit 650 for one of those is cheap compared to these two machines. And it will line with a 18rs whereas neither of these can. I want an apex and an amen but there's nooooo way I'm paying that much for a mass produced machine.
    What you think what we pay in europe for machines from oversea !!!!!!
    Same shit !!!!!

3. Like jasonadelinia liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What I meant was if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather have something handmade not mass produced. Not that the stigma or apex is any less of a machine , I'd just rather put the money on something one of a kind like a custom sidewinder . To me it's like buying an Aaron Cain coil machine versus buying a Cnc'd frame coil machine. I'd rather pay more for the one hand made even if they both run stupid good. Only in this case the Cnc'd machine is more than the other that is more appealing (to me)

5. Like Ofeloner liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    a dragonfly is not cheaper ..this price range is in europe a normal price ..we pay this price for a Stigma or a dragonfly - a gen8 is here 650 USD !

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bretttattoos View Post
    What I meant was if I'm going to spend that kind of money I'd rather have something handmade not mass produced. Not that the stigma or apex is any less of a machine , I'd just rather put the money on something one of a kind like a custom sidewinder . To me it's like buying an Aaron Cain coil machine versus buying a Cnc'd frame coil machine. I'd rather pay more for the one hand made even if they both run stupid good. Only in this case the Cnc'd machine is more than the other that is more appealing (to me)
    Sidewinders frame is mass machined... only custom part of that machine is the finishes.. I'd be if dragonfly offered different color knobs and screws and called it custom handmade. Not taking anything away from Sidewinders they are great machines but far from custom handmade.

8. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like

It's true Dan out sources to a machinest. I found him on instagram. He has pics up of the frames, binding posts, and thumb screw of the sidewinder. That's a good thing. I believe they are all Dan's designs and assembled by hand by Dan himself. Without the outsourcing he could never keep up with the orders and everyone would bitch about it. I'm a welder but if I were to make machines I would call up my CNC buddies and pay them to mill for me. Much cleaner end product, and repeatable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by poleson; 06-22-2014 at 02:01 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Amen - Stigma Rotary / Apex - overkill

Quote Originally Posted by poleson View Post

It's true Dan out sources to a machinest. I found him on instagram. He has pics up of the frames, binding posts, and thumb screw of the sidewinder. That's a good thing. I believe they are all Dan's designs and assembled by hand by Dan himself. Without the outsourcing he could never keep up with the orders and everyone would bitch about it. I'm a welder but if I were to make machines I would call up my CNC buddies and pay them to mill for me. Much cleaner end product, and repeatable.
    Good for Dan. His machines are damn good and now with the precision of CNC he can ensure that every build is as good as the last one. Thumbs up for outsourcing to an American machine shop as well. However I don't know if his machinist is revealing his designs without Dans consent. But maybe Dan has giving him permission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by fkirons; 06-22-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    That's true that his sidewinders are Cnc but still.. Aaron cains machines are cast (not all of them but a lot of them) so it's kinda like saying the only custom part of a Cain is the finishing touchs... Either way I feel like dans sidewinder would be a better bang for my buck being that it's cheaper and hand "finished" andddd that he's in the US and I wouldn't have to ship to Europe or Australia if I ever needed a fix. Having said that I own 3 Australian machines, 4 or 5 euro machines , and a couple "USA" machines that are actually china or Japan as well as 8 or 9 actual American made machines. I'm not trying to knock stigma or bez , but I do feel like the prices are high compared to other machines.

Post Thanks / Like
    for the apex the price is to much ..thats right ,they have a slider mechanismen and no info inside ..no about volts or the rubbers -you have to try and find all by self. The Body is a Alu cast with a littl bit cnc work but i would say only alu cast.
    All in a paperbox and no needle stabilizer or any other -you need rubbers to work with it - after trying it a week i would say its a v2 in alu -for the money to less inovation.
    The stigma amen is really top quality ,have a info paper inside and a lot of power and its works very well for color and lining with the rigt modul.

By the way you have to lubricate the apex - but here no info about the time and the parts ,on the site from bez no reply
    For this support and the Machine i would not pay 780 USD again !!

Post Thanks / Like
    so, today i have try the apex on a big tattoo - but after 3min on 8v / 15 bugpin ...and the black blue combo the machine stop working - the slider is fixed ! so i have looking inside.
    All parts in the apex are from cheap plastic ..the body is a cast and a bit edited on a cnc machine - all in one ,the money not worth !