Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunskin coils are poorly made....Only saying....I rebuild coil machines most days, and I don't rate Sunskin Machines any more....This is based on experience, knowledge and evidence....The Layers/Wraps are very poor and uneven, the picture Wrap hides the mistakes...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SUNSKIN are good machines man, how can u say that, are one of the only machines that can run FAST and STRONG, people done big japanese stuff, like SHIGE EAST TATTOO, KOSTAS, YANG ZHUO, FILIP LEU use also too some , using a lot for pushing big magnum, u can go faster than any other machines, i don like to much SUNSKIN, but are very well done machines man, MICHY SHARPZ and MICKY BEE are finish many years ago....

Post Thanks / Like
    Sunskin are going down the same road as Sharpz and Bee.....Older machines are better....

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    they sale more than 3000 machines per year, more and more, thye not go donw man, believe me,
    i don like SUNSKIN too, but are very well done and run smooth forever, is true

Post Thanks / Like
    Simply put it is mostly up to your personal tastes as a Tattoo Artist but the general rule of thumb is the thicker the spring the faster it will go, so for example you may use .013 - .018 for a shader and .017- .022 for a liner, you may also change the gauges between the main (back) and timing (front spring) but generally only within .002 eg. .018 main .020 timing. its all personal preference. I do know that if you try some better stock springs and still have problems, there is o harm in trying 18g springs. I have a high hand speed and have always liked 18g springs and the jump in voltage is not surmountable enough that it should prove problematic. just my two cents. but you have gotten some good advice from these other guys, so I hope it works out for you :-)

6. Like mattstopps liked this post.