Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What would you like in a Rotary Tattoo Machine

www.tattooedpirate.com is taking requests for the new model machine we are designing right now. Any input will be taken into consideration. The best ideas could net you a free tattoo machine. We are looking for function and performance in general not design. we have one of the best engineers in the world. Email us at [email protected] and post on the forum your thoughts we will save all the emails and have a raffle at the first of the year for a free machine.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    At the moment, the Blunderbuss has been pretty easy to line with (as far as rotaries go) - maybe it's the combination of speed and long throw? So far after using it for some small pieces, my one wish was that it was not as long of a machine. The overall length of it makes it a little difficult to get into some of those awkward places. Also, on the [lexan?] part where the needle eye attaches - if that were smooth instead of textured, it might make it a little easier to appreciate the 'give' as the clip washer wouldn't get so hung up on the grooves. The fact that the motor can be replaced (though I'm not too sure how everything comes apart) with a model from RadioShak is nice, as long as you know how to solder.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines phatmountain's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Two words.
    CENTRALIZED MASS!!! All components should be above the needle instead of behind it.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmountain View Post
    Two words.
    CENTRALIZED MASS!!! All components should be above the needle instead of behind it.
    Not a fan of the old Direct Drive Rotary machines?

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phatmountain View Post
    Two words.
    I'll pass on that one, I like the weight low down and on the back of my hand.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have two different slides one is hard hitting [which is in the one I sent you and the teflon impregnated delrin version that is much smoother]. The Blunderbuss is my cheapest machine so it doesn't have the higher grade parts that the Rapier's have. That just lets you know with a little more cash you get top of the line equipment that we make. I built the Blunderbuss for the starting artist who could'nt afford the cost of the Rapiers. If you turn the power down as the machine breaks in the give will work smoother. Wait till you see the new model we are working on right now. ]The Treasure Chest]

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    MACHINES WITH RCA JACKS PLEEZ!

Post Thanks / Like
    all 3 in 1 please! air, rotary, and coil please! a rca plug with air in one please

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure if with your machines you need to bend the needle bar to get it to ride in the tube right, but if you do, change it so you dont have to.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I actually think the rapier2 is a great machine as is! But it would be cool if it was sold in with 3 diff. gives-soft, medium or hard sometimes when you have to much junk to adjust it just becomes a headache i think.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing