Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne Thunder new LOOK :D

I got too much time on my hands i know But it was a nice project i had LOT of fun doing And curently i have a Broken Thunder... and im looking to install a new motor and a flite v2 cam wheel + a medium give bar ... And give it another look... Hope it will end up as badass as i imagine it ...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a fun project. Hope you keep us posted as to how it goes.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will sure do... im waiting for it to arrive on wed on thu ... and then ill start working on it whenever i have free time Ill keep ya posted with every progress

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done it i removed the cam from the original broken motor.. and put it on another motor i found ... The motor seems to be working good, at lower voltages...
    I just heated the cam up with a lighter and it almost fell off on its own.. than i quikly added it to the new motor... before it cooled off... and after that i went with the cam over a wet sponge to cool it off fast for the metal to get to its original shape... and it worked wonders ... !! Its now attatched to the new motor as well as it was attatched to the original one !!
    I mounted everything up (changed to RCA) and started the estethics of it thats still in progress tho )
    11130704_978085852209342_421948892_n.jpg11156788_978085825542678_749535113_n.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    how did you manage to open the thunder in the first place?

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL thats how i got into playing with the looks of them... I scratched the front plate trying to open it up... and i wanted to make it lookk good somehow..
    Anyways... i opened the front lid first by force... Then make sure u unscrew the last piece in the back (near the jack) and there are some small screws where u should use a very small alan key... If you dont do this first... the cables will get messed up inside when unscrewing the middle part... also by force but it can be done with ya hands i think... 2-3 more small screws to unlock the motor... than unlock the needle bar from the cam, again with a smal alan key.... and there u go ... u got all the parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Well im gonna call it finished...
    IMG_4938.jpg

8. Like John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haha...... I did scratch the front plate too months ago and haven, t dared try to open it again since then...... I need to find a tool
    That grips onto the little groove as i dont want to damage it further.....
    Thanks for the info though

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a tool for opening watch backs. You need that

Post Thanks / Like
    Well im not a tool guy ) i just used a wrench and didnt mind the scratches... i knew id end up painting it or something...