Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up! thesmokingmirror's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When its a big faceless corporation like Cheyenne or the Swiss Rotary nobody cares. Its funny there isnt mush variation in coils everything is based of OG builder frames like Jensen, Bulldog,,etc... so pretty much knockoffs but since they are mostly handbuilt no ones cares about this. Plenty of coil builders make money replicating designs they never came up with themselves

2. Like Jack Steel liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't buy or sell the ez pen knowing it was a 79% copy of the cheyenne pen. Also didn't claim to make improvements to the machine making it better than the original. We all may have tried knock offs knowingly or not... if you try and sell knock off machines you'll probably get some grief.

Post Thanks / Like
    Valor were the first rotaries I bought, then purchased quite a few Dan kubins, a centri , amoeba design, a stylus, then the edge X, all were the real deal and i sure don't try to buy anything at all if seems not an real machine from a machine builder. I just look at it like any of that copy crap can't run near as good as the real machine.
    Last edited by brandonmull; 01-23-2016 at 12:24 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    So, back on topic. I've purchased one of these machines, they work great, push almost anything much more torque then my Stylus H. What I'm wondering is maintenance? Not a shred of paper work comes with these things and I haven't the slightest idea of how to take it apart, is it press fitted or screw on? How and when do I lubricate it??

Anyone else deal with these problems?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering how long the motor will last, do they sell a replacement?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The orange part unscrews the same direction as the grip. Then also the machine body part unscrews from the motor body. Then the motor cap is press fitted

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is lock tite or something on the threads on the upper part so it was a bit of a bitch to unscrew . only part to be careful of is motor cap don't pull it off too hard or the wires will rip out. U never have to remove this piece i did by accident

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I got one and it's pretty sweet. Hits solid, runs smooth. I'd guesstimate a 4.2mm stroke.
    As for maintenance, They glue/thread lock the shit outta the thing, so a real bitch to disassemble.
    Wrap the hell outta the colored part and middle body with masking tape and visegrips did it for me.
    If you're ballsy you could warm it with a flame to soften the locktite.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got one last night, just by running it the stroke seems to be shorter than a 3.5 to me for some reason, I guess I'm so use to the hawk thunder. But seems ok,will try it out today on a few tattoos and see how good it is.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ya I dunno what model that guy got with the 4.2 maybe a mix up mine is also shorter than 3.5 its like 3mm . its made me use less hang for working witch is sort of better I look at ez pen like the set it and forget it infomercial loll it works great just have to get used to lining better for fine line work but it did push my 14rl with a little nore of a tube riding technique . this machine really excellls at smooth shading it is so buttery smooth for shading its awesome . better blends I have noticed as well. Packs fast and smooth . better heals less trauma .

12. Thanks PHILink TATTOOz thanked for this post.