Thread: Hawk Pen Help?

Post Thanks / Like

Hawk Pen Help?

Hey guys,
    I just got a new Hawk Pen. I havent used it yet, but I have been playin with it. I am a bit concerned about the adjustable grip design. It doesnt "click" or "lock" in the setting you like. It just spins/twists ( easily ). It seems like this could and or would be a problem, as I could see it moving or turning during the tattoo process. I really liked the " click lock " of the grips of my spirit and thunder. Anyone use a Hawk Pen and have any feedback on this and the machine in general. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had a problem with mine. However there are o-rings that are supposed to keep the grip tight. If yours is used it might need new o-rings if it spins too loosely. Or you could always add some Teflon ( plumbers) tape to the threads in a pinch.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, man! What about using T Tech or EZ carts with it? I use them with my thunder and spirit ( I know Im not suppose to lol ). But, I just consciously try not to hold my machine upside down. And I rotate grips between tattoos. I clean the grips with medacide and Q tips then clave. Is it safe to use the Ttechs with the Pen or is it worse than the thunder, since the grip design is different.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't with mine as I know that it is nearly impossible to take apart.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've had mine apart a few times... it's deffintaly not an easy undertaking. But once the glue is broken it's not terrible.