Hello all,

My name is Steve i ink out of PA USA

I have been using coil machines over the last few years, but when i went to a local tattoo supply place, i was discussing Rotary machines with the owner, he showed me 2 they had in stock (a $50 & a $150 machine) they both looked alike, except the black one had a few extra top pieces (not sure on the name/terminology) & it came in a fancy box.

I opted for the cheaper machine just to test it out.

the machine (im guessing) is a Jack hammer, or Hammer rotary. i saw a few threads on here but not many, the only one that seemed interesting , listed the hammer as being a Chinese knock off of a Davan.

I used it the other day & it seems like it has a tad bit of horizontal movement, also i chew through nipples like crazy (standard nipples, the nipple it came with was a double crown, but couldnt fit my eylets over it.)

it works good for packing color, but i cant seem to find any information on them for tuning the stroke, etc..im trying to find out as much as possible but there seems to be a lack of info on this style (maybe because they are the bottom of the barrel.)

the machine looks like the one below.

any information on this style would be greatly appreciated.

I will upload some pics of the work i completed over the weekend with this machine.

I like the weight compared to some of my coil machines, but the horizontal movment scares me a bit,,,i have not tried to outline with this machine yet.

I think my next purchase might be a Bishop, or Swiss.. but i still wanna tinker with this for a bit before i spend $300+