Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nah, its the internet its a big game of broken telephone so I try to tend to tread lightly (particularly with builders, ha). I have a thick skin so goofy will never bother me. That said Mike did credit Jon on facebook for his influence on this particular project. No one on here has one yet and it is a similar drive system to the Blitz (that has proven to be a good money maker for lots of folks on here). I anticipate seeing many happy reviews in the coming weeks hopefully with a comparison review if anyone ends up with both.

Post Thanks / Like
    well, this feedback ALREADY has me feeling confident.... good sign...

hurry up with them reports guys !!!!

a second question regarding the d20-------

....are u getting a one off type paint job/theme..or a production basic??...that is, if he's making production basics at this point....

Post Thanks / Like
    first go using the d20.only used it to shade and colour so far ,but am very pleased with it.the build quality is superb .nice balance ,little bit of weight to it ,no vibration and a very smooth runner.ran it around 8 volts ,it has a nice bit of throw and doesnt have a spring under the slider like the neotat or bishop and there seems to be minimal friction on the slider.machine came very well packed and delivery was quick ,shag sent it to my home address marked as a repair so i didnt get a customs charge on it -contact with shag was great and he kept me up to date with every stage of the build.cant think of anything negative to say about this machine -in fact i think its already me favourite rotary so far.
    IMG_0955.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    You should get a photo of it up in the top drawer section.

Post Thanks / Like
    any chance u could post a pic of yours???..... also, do u think there will be any need for lubrication on the slide in the future???....

Post Thanks / Like
    well here it is -slide is lubricated in the same way as the neotat -using superlube .still happy with it ,i feel that with this one ,inkjecta ,rotary works with a spring and vivace i am finally happy with my line up!
    IMG_0962.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    The nickel plated parts are a very nice touch.
    Is the chuck disposable tube friendly for those who don't like to scrub?

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont use disposable tubes so i cant say eitheir way -tube clamp is very strong tho!

Post Thanks / Like

shagbuilt D20

yes got mine, i have but one "legitimate" rotary. i am into coils machines. but this machine i couldnt resist, i was going to get a neotat but i realized that this has all the attributes of a coil machine, yet the best features of the rotaries i am into. the slide, the nice frame, doesnt look like the starship enterprise. but it does work great and kick some seriously nice and smooth quiet ass. havent lined with it yet, mainly did blending and packing as i just got it....shad_d20_custom.jpgyou cant tell but it has black sparkle in the motor cannister and the slider. it is seriously impeccibly crafted and runs just as well.....

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like the color schemes these come in. I love how these have a Starwars style wear on the frames. I'm sure the performance is good too. Any of you artists feel a difference in performace compared to the Blitz or are they pretty much the same?