Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    In most cases is not the machine, but how the artist uses the machine. Not trying to say that you don't know what you doing but you may be used to a way of tattooing that must adapt to your new Rapier.

Do you check your needles? you may have had hooks, a bad batch can ruin tattoos.

That scaring looks severe, are you sure your client took good care of the tattoo?
    The machine would be the last thing I would consider being a problem. Look into all the above.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    to me it doesn't look like a scar its not even where he tattooed in some places it looks like a rash from mold to me just a really bad one
    Last edited by hendricksonart.com; 11-18-2011 at 01:02 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    In most cases is not the machine, but how the artist uses the machine. Not trying to say that you don't know what you doing but you may be used to a way of tattooing that must adapt to your new Rapier.

Do you check your needles? you may have had hooks, a bad batch can ruin tattoos.

That scaring looks severe, are you sure your client took good care of the tattoo?
    The machine would be the last thing I would consider being a problem. Look into all the above.
    The tattoo was barely hit in the area that has the rash... I check my needles every time no exceptions, in fact I just tossed my collection of 100+ barbed needles... I have used the rapier for quite some time now... I don't normally have any healing issues, most of my clients heal in 4-7 days...

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently had a customer come back for more work added to his sleeve and he also had rash like spots in certain parts of the tattoo I had done 2 weeks previuosly.the reaction was mainly where I put mostly a lighter wash, this was all done using a pre made wash.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Most artists today use needles made in the far east by young children who are slave labored for $1.60 a day. If the flux from said needles is not deactivated with baking soda I have seen reactions like this. Once I had a group of sailors who got tattooed went to a party got drunk and began horse playing with one being thrown into a nasty canal. The guy went home and passed out with the filth on the fresh tattoo without cleaning it. Next day infection set in he did'nt go to medical for 2-3 days, well staph set in. These idiots were passing around the same tube of A&D ointment and all of them caught it. Even their girlfriends caught it just from touch. Needless to say sometimes it's just a drunken sailor on liberty who does'nt bath right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedpirate2 View Post
    Most artists today use needles made in the far east by young children who are slave labored for $1.60 a day. If the flux from said needles is not deactivated with baking soda I have seen reactions like this. Once I had a group of sailors who got tattooed went to a party got drunk and began horse playing with one being thrown into a nasty canal. The guy went home and passed out with the filth on the fresh tattoo without cleaning it. Next day infection set in he did'nt go to medical for 2-3 days, well staph set in. These idiots were passing around the same tube of A&D ointment and all of them caught it. Even their girlfriends caught it just from touch. Needless to say sometimes it's just a drunken sailor on liberty who does'nt bath right.
    I've seen reactions from flux (in a shop I worked in an artist put flux in another's black)...although part of the tattoo pictured looks like it could actually be a flux reaction from a needle, the spotting tells a different story, so I doubt it's the case here.
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattooedpirate2 View Post
    Most artists today use needles made in the far east by young children who are slave labored for $1.60 a day.
    Abolish slavery, make your own needles and group them with sewing thread and super-glue like back in the days
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fkirons View Post
    Abolish slavery, make your own needles and group them with sewing thread and super-glue like back in the days
    Made me think of my first tattoo. 14 years old, done with a sewing needle and thread wrapped around it, some Indian ink...was so proud of it! (looked like shit of course) My Mother agreed with that thought and tried scrubbing it out of me with an SOS pad and bleach. She got about half of it...the other half she got out 2 days later when she went back to scrubbing with another SOS pad..til this day every time I see one of those things I have to laugh.
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.

Post Thanks / Like
    I know we would really like to blame cheap chinese needles for these reactions but I don't think this is the case here.
    ring any bells?

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Funny thing reading this old thread again. I have a friend who had a nearly identical reaction. All the artists at his shop had a different theory on what it might javelin been from stash to flux to fungus from wash bottle water or pigment. In the end it was diagnosed by a doctor as cirisus (sp?) brought on most likely by stress. He was prescribed a steroid cream and just about went away. It also took so weeks to go away. He was told this was an auto immune response and it may return at any time.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.