Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Voltage has a mind of its own...

This isn't related to a rotary machine but at a coil (micky bee) machine i own.
    What's happening is that voltage rising and dropping, so.... i have replaced everything but the frame and rebuilt it exactly to how it was originally bought, brand new, and with good quality parts, plus i changed the clip cord and the foot switch but the problem still persists.
    I use a copy of the critical power supply (hurricane) and wondered if this could be the problem, however all my other machines run sweet, both rotary's and coils.

Any ideas would be great as this one seems to have me rather confused.

?????

Post Thanks / Like
    Might have your capacitor / condenser backwards. Also try flipping your clip cord around, if that doesn't work then flip your cap or replace it.

Post Thanks / Like
    The capacitor is new and was soldiered onto the coils by the coil builder. I have tried flipping the cord too and still no joy.
    Condenser?

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people refer to a capacitor as a condenser.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the clipcord hook into the frame and one backpost? If so you may have corrosion in the the frame hole (possible even on a powdercoated frame if there has been damage to the surface coat). Also consider corrosion (however insignificant) elsewhere on the frame or front contact screw or split/broken insulation/insulating washers. Alternatively is everything tightened up including the front contact lock screw? I've been there in the past!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes one post and to the frame but i also get the same issue with the RCA plugged in. It is one thing that i have not thought of and the plastic washers could do with a closer look but they seem to be ok. Any ideas on how to clean inside these tiny holes to get rid of any corrosion?
    Brand NEW parts are: Coils/Cap, A Bar, Front contact, RCA Adapter
    small mbee.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    For the holes try a very small drill bit (possibly the right size)held in the fingers or a small craft rat tail file. Looking at the list of replacement parts, you don't mention replacing the springs, it might be worth checking the back spring for a crack near the rear bolt. Sometimes you need to bend the spring by hand not run the machine to see the beginnings of a fracture.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing beats a quality power supply. I noticed many differences when I switched to a new power supply. The hurricane has caused problems for several people with their rotaties, and I wouldn't argue that it could be making your coil machine funky as well. It may not be the only component in this equation, but if you've replaced the other parts and are still having trouble, it could be one of them. It could also be how the machine is tuned.

Sometimes, something as simple as having a longer/shorter a-bar or different springs can also make a difference. For instance, say that you have a large air gap (because you are trying to slow things down), and have put a thinner front spring on - a machine might not work as well with this setup as having a slightly thicker front spring, less air gap, and maybe a heavier a-bar. You can still get the machine to run at the same speed, but minor changes in the components can make it easier for the machine to run. Might not have anything to do with the way your machine is running, but you never know.
    Not too bad for a GIRL, eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like the power supply, I had a simular problem with a knock off power supply. The power goes up and down all by it self until the power supply craps out ! Get a quality power supply. Hope this helps.
    HARD-LUCK-TATTOO, tat2joe

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Clone Boy View Post
    I use a copy of the critical power supply (hurricane)
    there's the answer to your problem.Plus everyone should have a back-up PS for doing comparisons, and if you wish to travel ,a Talon mini digital would be a good choice.