Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like

New power supply I'm working on and 2 new footswitches

here is the newest power supply I'm working on. I call it shop in a box. this mother is BIG. you can fit your whole shop in side this thing. It even has a studio apt. built in it for your apprentice!......this thing is 25" wide x 13" deep x 11" tall

Project3.jpg

I also have 2 new footswitches I just recently finished...

Project2.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    how much are your power boxes?

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And the foot switches? I know someone who asked about suggestions as a tip for his artist on the completion of a new sleeve.

Even if you ball park what your wares normally go for so I can pass along the info. I figured buying a footswitch for an artist as a gift is not like buying them a machine they may like to use or not use. It only does one thing and if the artist thinks its too nice to even step on they will still brag about it.

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! That box is pretty cool - I bet you can get a whole mess of foot pedals, machines, and cords stored away in that! The pedals are really pretty!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines rotaryworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    How much you pedals they look cool

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Pearl & Silver foot switch its the bomb mate!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks...the single voltage power boxes are 300.00 and the dual voltage ones are 400.00...the footswitches (like the ones above) are 100.00 a piece and the rat trap ones are 50.00

Post Thanks / Like
    I have some other things in the works. I've been reading that the swash drives are best run with power boxes where you can regulate the current. I'm thinking of making a box with seperate voltage control and meter, and an amperage control and meter. this way each can be set seperately from each other...my question is, what would the prime maximum amperage be? Is 2 amps enough or should I give artists the ability to go to 5 amps?

I also have a few antique shoeshine boxes that I'm thinking of making into power supply's. I use one as a footrest right now...(see picture)
    !C!wDn!wBWk~$(KGrHqJ,!i!E0EyV9Ej-BNEV-HmS7!~~_12.jpg

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have a swashdrive but I'd be happy to run my machines flat out on my bench supply and tell you what the current draw is if that would help any?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
    I don't have a swashdrive but I'd be happy to run my machines flat out on my bench supply and tell you what the current draw is if that would help any?
    yes thank you, that would...I think I read on the unimax website that the swashdrives were best run on the mastek power supply's because they run on low voltage and high amps. I believe they said you should turn the voltage down to zero and the amps up to the max and then slowly turn the voltage up until the machine runs perfectly. I don't know if this is correct or wes is trying to sell his power supply's..If anyone knows I'd appreciate it..

Limey if you could let me know what your particular machines run best at I'd appreciate it. I have a meeting with an electrical engineer who is going to work with me on my power supply's
    and i want to make the best, stable, consistent power supply I can make. the ones I've made so far have been working fine but to go forward I think I need to understand the electrics behind power supply's better..