Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Modifying the Treasure chest

First I like to start with Cary has awesome machines, can't imagine being without my rapier. Alas my first rotary was my treasure chest. The only reason that I don't use it more is that only half my tubes fit it. My American spec tubes for it well but my British spec do not at all ( Micky Sharpz liner tubes are awesome by the way ). Has anyone gone as far as taking a dremel and making the hole bigger. I know Cary mentioned that he was going to mod the TC to fit more tubes but I need to mod mine. I don't want to send it all the way to America, and was wondering if anyone had done it.

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are your UK spec tubes shorter in length then the North American ones?

Post Thanks / Like
    No wider.

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually took mine to a machine shop and matched it to a hyper 2 hole. I got it from serenity from a trade and could barely push a disposabe from kingpin in it, and none of my stainless tubes would even go in it. I thought it was something wrong with my machine. Not being the patient man and wanting to try it with all my configurations, I took it to a machine shop after Cary told me what to tell them to do. Five bucks later it is perfect now.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dont know why i assumed that the tubes would be universl worldwide, that is good to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem. I just taped a piece of sandpaper on the outer diameter of a drill bit ( much smaller than hole), placed it in my drill chuck and reamed out the paint that was on the inside diameter of machine. Works great now! There is nothing worse than trying to jam a tube into a hole that wont fit, only to have the tube get stuck.

Post Thanks / Like
    Somebody told me they took a dremel to the TC vice hole but i cant remember who sorry.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dremels will make a sloppy hole. Take to to a machine shop and have it drilled, if thats an option.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I think that is the best bet is to have it machined. Thanks guys. Now I just have to figure out what machine to match it to. I think I will just find a tube that doesn't fit and hand them that.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a dremel attachment that was a abrasive cylinder - a minute later - all sorted. Have done both of mine.