Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dan Kubin cranker-all the way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got me one of these ^^^^ in a trade from Skinmech. Arrived this morning. Cant wait to try it out, and if the Dan Kubin direct is anything to go by, the Cranker will be faultless too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crankers are amazing machines. I own 2 and will soon purchase a third.

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread title could be slightly misleading...To me a starter Rotary is a Machine that you would start of with to make the transition to Rotaries, either for the first time, or changing from Coils...The cranker is not a Starter Machine, it is a Hairy Balls Out, Full Blown Professional Machine, that will will suit just about all styles, and be in your Arsenal from Apprentice to Professional.......IMO, without any shadow of a doubt, the Mini Cranker is in the top three of all Rotaries...Full stop, nothing more to add....

PS.Keeping on a positive note, and taking into account that we probably don't all work the same, we use different pigments and carry out various styles on different skin types, in my humble opinion it is virtually impossible to have a "best Rotary Machine" available in any category, which the entire market would agree on, only saying,P.
    Last edited by skinmech; 10-12-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    lol Skinmech, i think you really like the crankers im absolutely stoked to get mine next week!! if he wasnt only a state away i would probably have asked for overnight shipping lol. distressed seafoam green with patina brass its going to be so purdiful. having him set it up as a liner and then i think ill get a DD next week if my husband will stay off my back about spending the $ lol

and thank you all for the time and advice
    Last edited by pinkfro; 10-12-2012 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have to say that I've never lined with a rotary but wow that Mc rocked my socks off. Lines so much better then what I have. Packs color very well also. Just ordered my robot themed mc for b&g. I really don't want to change the way mines set up I love it. Dan Kubin rocks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I think of it like this , tattooing with coils has always been based on feel, the feeling of the springs as the needle is down in the skin working. Take that away, and it's a matter of feeling the needle through the whole machine and tube. U can still feel it , you just dont have the give that coils have. After talkin to joe capo at hell city about rotaries and their main purpose , people who are wanting the gve should just stick to coils. The idea behind a rotary is that the needles while down are actually working non stop, allowing you to do more saturation with way less damage . In and out. It's all about reading the skin. Seeing the areas and making sure they aren't over worked. Aside from not having to tune or maintain your machine. It's the difference between driving a car with tires that have half the air in them...(coils) and drivin with brand new tires full of air. ( rotary) your gonna get there faster with less effort. I would recommend something like the vivace. It's a great machine. And I do a ton of black and gray. If I find myself wanting ever so slight amount of back off. I use a super soft rubber nipple which allows the needle to sort of play back a tad. And just slightly give you that feel . There is nothing to not like about it. I started a year ago with a medium stroke neo , and now every artist at my shop is using them. All 5 of us tattoong and it sounds like butterflies vivace is where it's at, straight forward, right up the middle, getting work done more efficiently, allowing faster heal times , getting your clients back in there much faster, and doing over all.... Well, more work. And more consistent work at that. Enjoy

8. Like Shockerjock liked this post.