Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not own a dragonfly but the stingray lines at least as well as I can (probably better). Still prefer the V3 for shading at this point. Here is a mid session pic done with a tight 5 and waverly bluebird.tree1.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    You should try that V3 for lining & see what you think. That is if you haven't already.

3. Like vodu liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did.. its one of the best liners in my drawer, definitely the most versatile.

Post Thanks / Like
    tree2.jpg
    So finished up the tree posted earler... shading with a V3, rest of the linework with the Stingray and Vivace 4.2 Although the Vivace is a very capable machine I do prefer the Stingray to it for lining.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well said Gaston...I'm actually on the fence right now about buying. I put down the rotaries and went back to coils last year. I'm now finding the need to return to them. My hand(s) are about baked (carpal tunnel & arthritis has done it's damage). Not that getting the weight off will solve my problems, but it helps.

So my thoughts are these...Dragonflies were my first rotaries. Absolutely loved them for black & grey...lining? This was pre-stingray..so I never got away from my coils for lining. I ended up selling them to jump on the Centri band wagon...huge mistake, but whatever, you live and you learn. Got rid of the Centri(s) and went with the Spektra. Not going to drop another "review" as its all been said before, but as nice as the machines were I still never found that sweet spot for lining. Yeah, I know...many of you will say its there, but for me I just never found it.

Dragonflies? Amazing machines for black & grey...perfect for me. I also enjoyed doing color...but the lining wasn't there for me once again. Would the Stingray change this? Cons would be that they are out of country, so if they go down its a pain...

Spektra? Again, amazing machines...loved packing color with them. Black & grey wasn't as I had hoped thought, but then I never dropped down to the 2.5mm to give it a shot and I've told that's key? Lining was there, but still not like my coils, which was the reason I parted with them. The service I got/get from FK Irons has just been flat out killer...COULD NOT ASK FOR MORE! About the only thing Gaston didn't do was mail me a stripper with the machine, their customer service is all that.

Decisions Decisions....do I drop like $1,200 on the Dragon & Stingray? Or pop the $1,600 down for 3 Spectras? Just thinking as I write here....

Coils are not in my future though unless I go with an FK. Which may very well be an option for their weight. I've been watching the progression of the Stingray though, and hearing good things. Decisions decisions...
    Inkslingerstattoo.net....heavily medicated for your protection.