Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you have a dragonfly already, can you just buy the piece and switch it out, to make a stingray?

2. Like puffreis, rollhard liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just ordered mine from http//:www.thetattooshop.co.uk, can't wait!

Post Thanks / Like
    Well ive looked a the website and you can buy all the pieces so I can't see why not! Much cheaper add up all the pieces and the maths dont work about have much they charging for that machine? Or was it my crap maths.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    if you ask me all machines are overpriced for whats involved ,even more so some of the overpriced coil machines . but I don't worry too much as I can make the money back pretty easily .
    I'm thankfull that I can too. I know mechanics that have spent over £10k on their own tools and they are not even self employed and are lucky if they earn £15 per hour.
    I think its very easy to lose sight of how fortunate we really are.

6. Like AltarVinz, vodu, puffreis liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just received my stingray two days ago and in the few hours I've spent with it I have been very impressed. In my drawer is also a couple vivace's, V3, Halo... the stingray may end up being my goto liner. I'll post a better review and images of work when I have more time with it. Also, I don't understand the fuss about price....549usd for a halo, 585 for a v3, and whopping 591 for a stingray. That is a day or two's worth of work. I agree that the price might not match the sum of the parts but there are lots of other costs to consider.

Post Thanks / Like
    i recieved mine today. sad news first : the machine casting is bigger than the df, so you cant modify your old dragonfly with stingray parts. now the good news. it doesnt matter, cause its not that much better than the df. the stingray runs a bit slower but it doesnt hit much harder in my opinion. it is a great machine for delicate greywash work, but i wouldnt use it for color packing or as a powerliner. it runs much louder than the df, even with the give adjuster almost closed. did this tattoo today with a 7 liner and a 7 mag in dragonflys and a 15 mag in a stingray.
    CIMG4905.JPGCIMG4895.JPG

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    2.6-3.5mm stroke with a 0-2mm suspension designated for lining and packing? Hmmmm, why not just go 4.5mm with a 2mm suspension? Longer stroke for lining and packing would suit many artists much better and no real need for optional cams with that suspension. I dunno maybe this machine performs just differently like the inkjecta, ie: 3mm stroke that packs like a beast and is well capable of lining. I will have to get one in hand before passing judgement, but the stroke length options have me at a worry.
    I agree... color packing is always better with a longer stroke .. and lining seems to be cake anyways with a good rotary and this will allow for the needle to get more ink with each pass,, its not a zip liner.. its a solid liner .. so 4mm or 4.5 would be way better.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by puffreis View Post
    i recieved mine today. sad news first : the machine casting is bigger than the df, so you cant modify your old dragonfly with stingray parts. now the good news. it doesnt matter, cause its not that much better than the df. the stingray runs a bit slower but it doesnt hit much harder in my opinion. it is a great machine for delicate greywash work, but i wouldnt use it for color packing or as a powerliner. it runs much louder than the df, even with the give adjuster almost closed. did this tattoo today with a 7 liner and a 7 mag in dragonflys and a 15 mag in a stingray.
    CIMG4905.JPGCIMG4895.JPG
    So you grey washed with it? wow ... interesting

Post Thanks / Like
    i wanted to try it out, as soon as it arrived. so yes, i greywashed with it. today i have some linework to do, so i will see how the stingray performs for what it was developed.

Post Thanks / Like
    i did some linework today on an elbow. i used 9 and 12 needle long taper liners and the stingray performed ok. maybe its just me, but i still dont feel much of a difference compared to the dragonfly.
    CIMG4925.JPG