Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    looking at the slope back side of the machine body.. were are you securing the rubber band? Really high were it doesn't do much good? would be good to see some rubber band horns on this..

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a Kubin Direct Drive.... And love it for color packing..... I really want to get one of these.... I think this is going to be my next adventure
    Special tech Slingshots, axis, traxis(one has a rear spring), cannon. Broken arm direct drive /3 skin2 (I want to try a stingray!!)/ john Clark 2 magnetic rotaries, 1 adjustable one off 1 bishop /iron factory bazookas 1 adjustable 1 sprung 4 stigmas 2 hyper v3, 2 flys /3 spektra halos / 2 Eddie Lollis high torque 10 watt motors 3 Dan Kubin 3 mini Crankers, all nickel plated /1 rotar/ 1 eternal adjustable/ 1 inkjecta/1 rapier 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello guys, sorry for re-take the post, but i recently have in my hands a HM DD and thereīs something i donīt really understand. First of all maybe itīs just me (coming from coils) or the question can be silly, but...

I am looking at the rotary, it seems to have some strips on the top of the excenter and also one on the top, thatīs ok. But i move the top part, lightly unscrewed just to know how many distance it has from closest stroke, to longest, ( the cam has a carved hole with itīs own limits, so i try to find each limit side) and i only find 2mm. between each point.
    So, assuming the closest point to the center gives me a 2.5 mm. stroke... i have only 2mm. of play wich means 4.5mm. the longest stroke. How can it be 5 or even 5.5?

Thank you, maybe another HM DD user can give me the answer

Post Thanks / Like
    You can adjust it past the "strips". Each strip is a measurement of MM's. The first is 2.5, the second is 3.5, & the third is 4.5. I'm pretty sure that you can move the slide past 4.5.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    You can adjust it past the "strips". Each strip is a measurement of MM's. The first is 2.5, the second is 3.5, & the third is 4.5. I'm pretty sure that you can move the slide past 4.5.
    Thanks serial1313, yes i can move beyond the carved hole, but i suppossed somebody made it with a purpose... And if i do it iīd be screwing out of the "carved cut" (sorry, donīt know the right word) and would be screwed, but unbalanced...
    Iīm talking about this:

IMG_20140831_145716_zpsce73266a.jpg

And these are the measurement strips, from limit to limit:
    IMG_20140831_150853_zps85bbe5fb.jpgIMG_20140831_151019_zps02984f33.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    It will go to 4.5mm fine. If you go further than 4.5mm there will be a LOT of side to side movement with needle bar. That is why it only goes up to 4.5.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Roman HM tattoomachines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    you are right that you can only slide the moving part inside that slot slightly over 2mm ( in fact 2,39mm .... )
    but i can see that in your mathematical calculations, you are not keeping in mind that you are sliding that moving part while the excenter is still... if you slide 2mm ... we are talking about off center.. .... when the execenter actually turns you are actually get a 4 mm difference...
    total stroke length is the language we want to talk about...

thanks, Roman

Post Thanks / Like
    I want one of these soooooo bad,,

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roman HM tattoomachines View Post
    you are right that you can only slide the moving part inside that slot slightly over 2mm ( in fact 2,39mm .... )
    but i can see that in your mathematical calculations, you are not keeping in mind that you are sliding that moving part while the excenter is still... if you slide 2mm ... we are talking about off center.. .... when the execenter actually turns you are actually get a 4 mm difference...
    total stroke length is the language we want to talk about...

thanks, Roman
    Yes Roman, thank you, youīre right. My measures are only the radius, and the stroke itīs actually the diameter. Thanks for the explanations

Post Thanks / Like
    I own 2 of these machines, I have only got the chance to use it once and it was absolutely amazing for soft black and grey BUT my griffin tubes from eikon wont tighten in the vise? I have no idea whats going on? I cant even get stainless to tighten inside them either.