Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't use bugpins to color w/. Bugpins make smaller holes & sometimes larger color pigment won't go in because the hole the bugpins make are too small.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you find you are having a hard time with saturation check out textured needles

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can use bug pins all day with color even though i still prefer normal 12s. For color I ussually use coils. However my black and grey is done with rotarys and a really fast motion hand speed because i am generally not worried about saturation as much. I cannot use bug pins for black and grey ive tried a couple of times and got some less then desirable heals. Bugpins plus black and grey for me is the only time ive seen a bad heal in the last few years. I am sure this has to do with hand speed and the needles being easier to rip through skin. When i use bug pins and color its a bogged down let the machine do the work kinda technique.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks guys. serial i use electric ink for colour, its real thin so usually goes in nice. Nivek i tried textured needles twice and the skin looked funny almost like it was scratched up, not chewed....scratched so i binned the rest and never got chance to see the healed results so i guess ill never know ha!

its funny you say that about bugpins and grey wash, they give such a soft look for me compared to a size 12, its like two diff artists have done the two pieces if i go to a size 12 for b&g, cant dig it at all.

are there any recomendations for a machine that will do crazy layers and not ruin the skin, at london last year there was a guy called endre from endretattoolondon and he was using a swashy gen 6 i think, the guy had the fastest hand speed and just fucking layered it soooooo much i couldnt keep up, i asked how he could go so fast, he shrugged his shoulder and i cant remember his answer, guess he didnt know ha.

Post Thanks / Like
    Am I the only one who PREFERS bugpins for color? Just wondering. They seem to work better for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    You CAN use bugpins to color w/,but for some reason you choose 12s to do color w/. That's what I'm saying. He isn't getting what he is looking for out of bugpins either as far as color goes.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by clint morrison View Post
    Am I the only one who PREFERS bugpins for color? Just wondering. They seem to work better for me.
    It depends on my mood, I like them for color blending.. I can do solid color with them too..

Post Thanks / Like
    I always just use bugpins to do B&G w/.

Post Thanks / Like
    any ideas on the machine???

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    @zack where did you get the textured from ?