Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

Stigma Prodigy Woes

OK. Being new to rotary I opted to get the clip cord ad on for my Prodigy.. and when i put it on it broke the contact inside and obviously it won't run. Even though I was careful and followed the instructions I failed to stop at the correct depth based on felling for the resistance of the hidden contact inside because the tight allen screw was giving me resistance as well. So now it is just an RCA only machine unless they replace the motor and I try again. If they don't replace the motor so i can retry this clip cord add on I am going to sell it to an RCA user... I will most likely sell it for 550.00 with all the execenters and eat 150.00. I ran it with RCA and it works fine.. I don't want to switch back and forth from clip cord to RCA all the time. Maybe I will convert all my coils to RCA.. I don't know.. I am pissed the fuck off..

Why would they not create a design with it all contacts intact like the v3. I would have bought a halo but it was RCA only. I think maybe i will just buy 2 more RCA machines and see how that goes.

So.. for all of you guys adding the clip cord connection.. screw it is a short ways and run the machine periodically until it turns on and make sure you have the clip cord on the right way.. try both ways each time... When it goes on the give it a very small extra turn and the connection will be perfect.

Stigma should have a detailed video of how to do this because it's a pain in the ass, and it is going to cost them motors. I guarantee 1 in 4 people will fuck up their motor doing this.
    Last edited by crabink; 03-18-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn.... Dude!!!! I'm sad for you!!!!!
    i hadn't thought this would even be an issue.
    Looks cool too..... Man,,, I'm very sorry man!!!

thanks for the heads up!!!! As I see myself doing the same f'ing thing!!!!

I'm not even going to offer to buy it at the moment... Take a deep breath.... And hopefully there's a quick fix!!!
    if not, I pray it will work out for you man!!!
    Special tech Slingshots, axis, traxis(one has a rear spring), cannon. Broken arm direct drive /3 skin2 (I want to try a stingray!!)/ john Clark 2 magnetic rotaries, 1 adjustable one off 1 bishop /iron factory bazookas 1 adjustable 1 sprung 4 stigmas 2 hyper v3, 2 flys /3 spektra halos / 2 Eddie Lollis high torque 10 watt motors 3 Dan Kubin 3 mini Crankers, all nickel plated /1 rotar/ 1 eternal adjustable/ 1 inkjecta/1 rapier 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We will probably see less and less clip cord options as the connection is not as solid, RCA is just better. Stigma obviously designed the prodigy to be RCA and added the clipcord idea to add sales in that small niche market to sell more machines. Just convert homie and use 1 RCA cord.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with you.... But we all have those clip cord only machines. I hope many things become standardized in tattooing( haha yeah right!!!). I agree I like RCA as well, but having your new toy fail... It's a bummer
    Special tech Slingshots, axis, traxis(one has a rear spring), cannon. Broken arm direct drive /3 skin2 (I want to try a stingray!!)/ john Clark 2 magnetic rotaries, 1 adjustable one off 1 bishop /iron factory bazookas 1 adjustable 1 sprung 4 stigmas 2 hyper v3, 2 flys /3 spektra halos / 2 Eddie Lollis high torque 10 watt motors 3 Dan Kubin 3 mini Crankers, all nickel plated /1 rotar/ 1 eternal adjustable/ 1 inkjecta/1 rapier 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I will give my normal answer to the clipcord/ RCA problem. Buy an RCA cord for $9 & just swap back & forth. That is what I do.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    that really sucks and it sound like they will have problems!-
    but I must say you get a way better connect with rca with motors you can get a lot of power problems with clippy. Its worth converting your coils to.(I did and the run better to)
    Also the clipcord really throws the balance off on a light weight rotary and causes a lot of back pull.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    After 6 months or so of using a AL bro RCA I just can't go back to clipcord. The consistent connection - ease of change etc makes using a clipcord just seem off to me. However if you want the best of both worlds and not have to eat 150. I suggest....
    http://www.albroordie.com/RCA__Clip_Cord_Combo.html

Its a bit more work but you can switch back and forth easy enough. It will give you a feel for RCA, Swithing all the coils I use to rca made everything easier for me, and honestly you can't beat the connection of RCA

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Advance machines, advance connections. Like I say: "If you don't plug your iPod with clipcords you probably shouldn't do with your tattoo machine"
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    im gonna convert my coils to rca.. and sell my rw id ...fuck it.... rca is better anyways

Post Thanks / Like
    Convert your ID too
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net