Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Critical CX 2R?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SKreitlow View Post
    I used to run the basic 10 turn Eikon had that thing for years. But after a few years I felt it got soft. Like it wasn't putting out the same power. So I went back to old faithful and bought a national edge ps. I love that ps I've had it about two years and still running strong but I think someone at the old shop I worked at must have used my station and knocked it off the counter cause one day the knob was all bent to one side and loose. Ever since its been a pain to adjust on the fly so
    National sells replacement rheostats. I don't know if the one in the edge is easily replaceable.. It's a good PS from my memory. I am sure someone would take it off your hands, or at least someone handy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh thanks for the heads up OwlsDen, I'll have to give National a call and get one of those replacement rheostats after I get the Critical. Though I don't know if ill sell it. Its a great piece of equipment and it's always good to have a backup but we will see.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will take my critical over anything

4. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love my critical and I love the wireless footswitch...one less wire in my station is one less headache. Two Thumbs way up!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys, got my new CX2-r with wireless footswitch yesterday. Hooked it up and worked great. but today when I came in and set up for my apt of course now the foot switch wasn't working. I tried to re sync it by following the directions but nothing happens. when I put in in sync mode it just says searching.... and doesn't do anything. hooked up a clippy and it worked fine wired. By time I was done with my apt it was after 5 so of course critical is now closed and cant call for tech support. any ideas?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Check to make sure the battery hasn't come loose.

Post Thanks / Like
    The light on the foot switch blinks when steped on so don't think it's the bat. Unless its a bunk battery and just has enough juice to flash the light but not send the signal.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the lights going on - its probably the synch. I had the same issue, I jsut re did the synch and it was fine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia9GgFAzUMU

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I saw that vid on YouTube. Mine doesn't have a sync button with a light like that. Wish it did. the one i have you go into the menu and there is a sync tab then you select a Chanel and supposedly just tap the pedal. That's how it worked yesterday's the first time I did it. But today when I put it in sync mode it just continually said searching. And that was it. So eather the pedal isn't sending or the built in reciever isn't recieving.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was told it can take up to 5 times.

heres the reply i got
    Did you go through the syncing/rebinding process (up to 5-7 times)? Sometimes it takes a few to find a really clean channel (which may be causing this issue). Here is the sync process:
    1. Press the sync button (receiver button) until receiver LED starts blinking.
    2. Release sync button & then press pedal once

Please try this a few times and see if this helps & get back to me either way, if you would, so we can get your pedal running perfectly!

She also sent me the manual if you need it