Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Critical CX 2R?

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got off the phone with critical... diagnosis is faulty receiver inside the unit.I have to send it back for fix or replace. at least there customer service was very nice. Still bummed, I got the worst luck. My buddy is totally going to say I told you so about the wireless footswitch.........

Post Thanks / Like
    On a good note today I got the word that the 2 machines I dropped off at Dringenberg for rebuilds are done. I'll go pick em up in the morning. I guess with the bad comes the good.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SKreitlow View Post
    Just got off the phone with critical... diagnosis is faulty receiver inside the unit.I have to send it back for fix or replace. at least there customer service was very nice. Still bummed, I got the worst luck. My buddy is totally going to say I told you so about the wireless footswitch.........
    Yeah wait until you have used it and he sees how well they work....

on that note for some reason my co-workers p supply synched to my pedal and he left a machine plugged in - totally messed with his head, resynched all is good, but DAMMIT it was funny.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thought the foot pedal didn't make a big difference until I had to switch back to wired footpedal for a couple days. Must have ran over that cord 20 times in one tattoo. So damn aggravating, cx2r all day long. I have a cx1 for conventions.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugg having issues with the foot pedal again. It keeps cutting in and out causing me to hang up in the skin a lot. No buano! And it sticks on all the time super annoying I pulled the battery thinking maybe its just a random bunk battery took it to radio shack and they said it was pretty much dead. So I was like right on got a me battery popped it in and it was good for about an hour then same shit. Sputtering in and out and randomly just staying on... Guess ill be on the phone with critical again tomorrow morning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a bad receiver

Post Thanks / Like
    take out the the screws on the bottom of the pedal, remove the top and clean the metal spring contacts. Hopefully this works, if not your pedal and/or your supply will need to be sent back . Critical WILL take care of you though!

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    @artoftatt2 they already replaced the reciever in the unit. That was the initial problem when I sent it back the first time cause it wouldn't sync. Talked to critical yesterday, at least ther customer service is always pleasent, he asked me to run it over the weekend with clip cord so we could at least narrow it down to what the issue is. So I ran it yesterday and yup same shit with the cord so it's definitely a contact issue inside the pedal. Gonna try open it up and check the contacts. Gonna run an old pedal today just to make sure its not any issues wih the supply. but looks like the pedal will be on it's way back to critical again on Monday.