Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    I took a cord with a 1/4 male on one end plugged into my power supply and the other end was just 2 exposed wires..I touched one wire to the tip of the plug and the other end touched the plug closer to the base (about half way down..you may have to move the wire around a bit to get to the right spot on the shaft) and then I stepped on the footswitch..the machine started right up..

Unimax gave me a hard time about it but when I e-mailed the manufacturer I spoke with konrad lackner. he never asked me when I bought the machine or where I got it from. he said if I was to send it to germany I would need the paperwork for customs reasons. but then he wrote back and said just send it to unimax and didn't ask for any paperwork or anything. (the machine was bought from painful pleasures) He just said unimax was the closest distributor to me and to contact them and send them the machine and they would replace the entire unit with a new one. I waited all day for unimax to return my call (they never did) so i called them back and the guy said he got my e-mail but if I sent them the machine they would just send it to germany and the shipping would cost alot. I said,"so, because it would cost alot to ship it to germany thats why you ignored my e-mail and didn't return my phone call" I then told him I talke with konrad and he said to send it to them and they would replace it..he responded "ok, if thats what he said, send it to us and we'll replace it."...I mailed it to them today and since they are only about 60 miles from me, they should get it by tomorrow..we'll what happens from there...
    Last edited by fatcashdaddy; 03-30-2011 at 09:49 PM. Reason: update

Post Thanks / Like
    i hard wired it like you siad and it works ,thank you for your post it help me out big time...

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that an rca that screw in with it's own thread and locks with an external nut or set screw will be a good mod to try.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

4. Like fatcashdaddy liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think thats a great idea...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by merky View Post
    i hard wired it like you siad and it works ,thank you for your post it help me out big time...
    no problem, glad i could help..you should try gastons idea I think thats what I'm going to do when my new one gets to me...

Post Thanks / Like
    just on a side note, I think the idea of putting a male 3.5mm plug rather than a female 3.5mm jack on the bottom of the hawk wasn't the best thought out idea...

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by fatcashdaddy View Post
    just on a side note, I think the idea of putting a male 3.5mm plug rather than a female 3.5mm jack on the bottom of the hawk wasn't the best thought out idea...
    No kidding, I wish it had a female plug but they've kept the same design on the spirit...
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they did that on purpose so you have to buy that funky cord=looks cheap made at a very high price.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    I think they did that on purpose so you have to buy that funky cord=looks cheap made at a very high price.

yeah that could be true but its really not a smart move even from the companies standpoint. I'm getting a brand new 400.00 machine because a 5.00 plug broke. if they had a 3.5mm female jack on the machine and the plug broke you could just replace the cord for 20.00...plus there are other places you could get the exact same cord for a whole lot cheaper...

its also easier to break plugs when they are hard mounted (like to the bottom of the motor can) than it is to break them when they are just wired..a plug on a wire has more flexibility,it would pull out from the jack before breaking..

Post Thanks / Like
    got my new hawk from unimax today!...