Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like

broken hawk plug

Does anyone have experience with fixing hawks? I picked one up from a friend and the thing doesn't work. It looks like the 3.5mm plug is broken. you can move it pretty easily with your finger. the machine is still under warranty so I could send it back but if the 3.5mm plug is easy enough to replace I'd rather do that...I just don't want to start tearing this thing apart and void the warranty only to find out I can't replace the plug myself...

Post Thanks / Like
    What happend,fall down ?

Post Thanks / Like
    not by me..the guy I got it from said he was having problems with the clipcord..he said they kept breaking on him..he went through alot of them. I think he may have just been too tough on it and broke the plug

Post Thanks / Like
    mine is down also with the same problem, i tried ever cord radio shack had and still dead, helppppppppppppppp.

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote to them and unimax (where i believe the machine was purchased) yesterday and asked about warranty repair. I also asked what it would cost to fix if it wasn't warrantied..still haven't heard back from either

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never had a problem as yet...i hope you guys can get it sorted though...let us know how you get on...

Post Thanks / Like
    ok, heard back from both unimax and the hawk manufacturer..unimax said they never heard of this problem ever (I told them you were having the same problem merky) and told me to hardwire the machine because they believe it was the cord that was bad and they would replace that....I did that and the machine worked. but, i also have an unwired female 3.5mm jack. when I put that on the hawk plug and tried to touch the same wires that I use to hardwire the machine to it..nothing (and yes I reversed the wires,tried it both ways).... the hawk guys were very nice. they told me to contact unimax again and they will replace the machine. I called unimax but the boss wasn't in so I'm waiting for the call back from them...one step closer to my first hawk machine...

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sure one of them fix the problem pretty quick !
    Unimax has a great customer service !
    One time i had a problem with a 25mm grip and i send it to the producer of the hawk,they replace it without asking what happend !
    Nice !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapp View Post
    I am sure one of them fix the problem pretty quick !
    Unimax has a great customer service !
    One time i had a problem with a 25mm grip and i send it to the producer of the hawk,they replace it without asking what happend !
    Nice !!!!
    yes the hawk guy (konrad) was very nice. asked me a couple of questions about the problem and said that I would need all the paperwork (invoice,receipt,etc.) to send it to germany. he then wrote me right back and said just send it to unimax (which I live near) and they would replace the whole machine..

unimax was helpful but their communication wasn't the best. I wrote to them last night, got a reply this morning telling me to try a few things.I wrote them back with no response so I called them. the woman said the boss wasn't in, took my number and said he'd call me in about 20 minutes..that was 2 hours ago and I'm still waiting. I'll give them a couple of more hours then I'll phone them again..

Post Thanks / Like
    any pics of what you did fatcashdaddy of the wiring, i bought mine back in 2008 so im fuked.