Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    i got a Thunder and a Spektra Edge.
    I have to say i like both... The Thunder hits like a hammer. Which is good for bold lines and always have good results with lining on difficult skin areas. E.g. Ribs...
    It is good for coloring as well, but because of the stroke and the powerful Motor it's hard to use for soft shadings. It will work definitely, but in my opinion this ist the strength of the Edge-X.

I used the Edge-X for 2 times now. Sur you have to find your own setup with stroke, Voltage, Give... But, man i mentioned during the 2nd tattoo that this machine will be my daily drawer!
    I haven't tried coloring yet, but if you look at John Dame's Vid's on Youtube i'm sure my Thunder will have have a longer rest.
    With the longest stroke an no give, compared to the thunder, i feel that the edge has a bit more vibrations, but believe me... this is just at a point when you can find no other bad things about a tattoo machine...

And for the disposable grips, i used the Ego's which fit for the Cheyenne Vice and the Standard vie a few times. Also Easy to use and sure a good option, but for me i stick with the original Cheyenne Grips.
    I Like the depth adjusting very much and also the way to lock plastic in to metal. Plastic in to plastic feels a bit weird.

These are just my personal feelings...
    I'm sure there are some other opinions as well

Post Thanks / Like
    Thinking of the cons... Honestly the only Con I can say is that mmmmmmaybe it just won't 'fit' with you. I've only been using rotaries for a couple years now, but when I took the plunge I purchased a bunch of different ones because like pretty much all of us, I am a finicky bastard when it comes to tattoo equipment. We all know we can grab any machine really and make lines and shading with them, but we just get to the point where we find what we like and stick with it.

I tried many different rotaries that are incredibly well built, but just weren't "me". I have to say I WANTED to like the Cheyenne Thunder, but the lack of any real flexibility behind it just didn't sit right with me (along with having to use either a proprietary power supply or that stupid cord with a fucking brick of circuitry on it). The Edge X blows the Thunder out of the water. I will not hesitate to recommend it to you, I seriously doubt you will will dislike it unless you fill it with epoxy or cat sand before you use it haha