Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

Bishop Rotary Motor

Hi. I got a Bishop as a Fathers Day present. I ran it for 5 tattoos before it turned into a paper weight. First tattoo was lettering, I used it for 20 minutes before I switched to my coils, slowed me down to much. Next tattoo I used it for some color blending on a cover up sleeve. I ran it for an hour and loved the results. Next tattoo was a portrait in a larger piece im working on, I used it about 2 hours. The last two, one was a portrait one was more blending on an existing color piece, those two I had to switch to my coil machines because it got loud, then would slowly lose power. I tried emailing Bishop about the problem, got no reply, I posted on the Bishop blog, the post never got approved and I got no response, I called the phone number, left a voice mail, NO REPLY, I found this site searching for any help I could get to fix my $400 paper weight.

The machine, for the brief time it worked, ran beautiful, but I am very displeased with costumer service. I understand that they are probably busy with back orders, my machine was supposed to be to me in 2 weeks, then through a painfully slow exchange of emails, I finally found out they had no motors and were waiting for them. Then I was told the motors arrived and Id have my machine in a few days, a week later I asked where it was(2 or 3 times) they finally replied with the motors werent satisfactory so there will be a 6 week wait. Well, I got an email shortly after saying they recieved a bunch of motors and my machine was shipping out.

All I can think is maybe the motor I recieved was one of the poor quality ones they got (on accident) or maybe a portion of the new ones were good and bad, I don't know. I do know that I've repeatedly contacted them about my machine and get NO reply. Someone here please help me get this thing running the way it should. The machine will run for a VERY short period of time, then start losing power to the point it stops all together and is very warm. Sometimes it makes noise sometimes none. What could be the cause? I have under 5 hours of time on this thing, the slide has enough lube. Could the motor be faulty or is there a diode somewhere that may have blown and could cause the issue? If its the motor can someone recommend a good replacement and where I can find them?

Thanks
    Last edited by Alie K; 09-17-2011 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Head's up - only ubb works in here, HTML does not.