Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swashdrive are the only rotary that I can just pick it up and go. I have had and have just about all the rotaries on the market and Swashdrive is the best machines I have ever used. It's not like your going to be pounding nails with it. If you break your swash then there is something wrong(with the person using it).wait to get the gen8. For the people that are scared about the plastic, you are seriously missing out on one of the best machines ever! Buy it, you don't like it, I will buy it off of you.

2. Thanks Samyo thanked for this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shawn; I have a friend with a gen 7 if you want it.. im sure he'll give you a good price seeing as the tube vice has snapped off and they won't replace it without charging him a couple hundred bucks.... shall I see what he wants for it ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Shawn I guess there's something wrong with me too because my gen 6 has been stripped out, retapped and stripped out again. I'm sure it's nothing to do with the plastic and I was just using it wrong this whole time. Ok buddy lol. Swashdrives are great machines don't get me wrong, but stupid things like this should have been ironed out by now I mean for real? Gen 8 and still no metal threaded insert?!! Comon guys, just fix it so its not an issue, and I can feel confident in buying another swash. I just can't until then. Samyo was a super stand up guy and was willing to replace the machine frame for me, so A+ for customer service from my experience (seems to be hit or miss) but it's very difficult getting around to the post office, fill out customs papers, and send her off. It's just very frustrating it shouldn't have happened in the first place. Mick-
    Last edited by MickWrath; 02-13-2013 at 10:43 AM.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I will say, that I am REALLY enjoying my swash gen6. I personally have never gotten the impression that the plastic frame was cheap or brittle. But what really sells me is the combination of lightness, low maintenance, quietness, and minimal vibration. At 10 volts, this thing is really moving the needle and there is barely any vibration at all. My Capo at 8.5-9v vibrates more than the swash. And it DEF feels better in the vibration dept than the Halo does. At 8.5 the Halo vibrates more than both. At 10v, the Halo felt like it was about to take off, hover around, and finish the tattoo for me....

Every machine by every builder has some sort of flaw/weakness in some category or another. Thats why everyone on here has their preference of what they want to use as daily runners. For what the swash does well, it does REALLY well. It is comfortable to use, Has a nice long stroke, and is quieter than any other rotary I have used. For me, I really like the swash. It has been a great all around machine and I too, would recommend one (with all it's parts intact, lol).

I'd like to see some new specs and what was improved upon on this model. I wanna try one!

6. Thanks Samyo thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just don't over tighten that vice screw homie, and agreed every machine will have lil quirks people don't like because everyone likes something different but it should never be a design flaw. The inkjecta specific 3 IMHO has no flaws at all to me. A beastly vice, low vibration, low noise, amazing adjustability, it's perfect to me. Halos do vibrate a little above 8v however I use t-techs with them and it seems to cut that vibration down a whole bunch so no complaints there.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    I used g7 every day till the motor just got slower and slower, never had any probs with the vice grip or it being plastic, just replacement of the motor but no doubt now the new g8 out they will have loads of motors to sell, probably waiting till they done the g8.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    OK to address the service comments here in respect to motors, there was an issue last year with us being out of stock for nearly two months, that was unfortunate and I can assure you an embarrassing pain in the arse for us, one of the problems we have faced has to do with the chinese knock off prick & people trying to order Whip motors for their fucked up knock off from us, so now we have to play 20 questions.

And the other simple fact is you know what I am human & occasionally I fuck up, if you e-mail me direct and say hey Samyo have you fucked up, then I do my best to fix it. We are a small organisation and we get a mountain of e-mails and you know what occasionally one fall through the cracks or ends up lost in the junk mail.... But when a problem is bought to our attention we do our best to fix it. So if you have a problem e-mail me direct [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Shawn; I have a friend with a gen 7 if you want it.. im sure he'll give you a good price seeing as the tube vice has snapped off and they won't replace it without charging him a couple hundred bucks.... shall I see what he wants for it ?
    Ok this is crap .. if there is a body that has broken the tube we replace that for the postage. And if someone has gone gorilla on the tube clamp and stripped it that we do for $50 plus the postage... again please get these things from the horse mouth and e-mail me direct.
    Last edited by Samyo; 02-13-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Samyo would those needle retainers be available to purchase if I would want to put one on my gen 7? And how much would that be? Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    OK lets address the plastic issue, as this is now really old and tired and I have addressed it on here before ... we manufacture the bodies here in Australia the machine bodies are a glass polymer and each one is individually machined by hand after it comes out of the mold to clean up any imperfections ...

The machines are in fact far more durable and lighter than than most billet machines. We have made them in the past from cast alloys and still the majority of folk prefer the lightness of the polymer...

Yes occasionally a tube clamp breaks, this is rare and when it happens we replace the body free of charge, and yes some folk have stripped out the tube clamp, this is one of the reasons why we went to a smaller nut in the early days of the Gen6. The combination of metals on the tube clamp means you do not have to go all gorilla on it like some coil machines it does not need a lot of pressure to hold everything tight.

The simple fact is there are some folk who believe that everything should be made of metal and that's ok because the world is like that we and are never going to be for them, but if you are looking for a reliable light weight machine that does what you want it to do every time you pick it up then they are the folk who we are wanting to help.

And the final word on the plastic story I will leave to Tony ... We recorded this at a show in Melbourne after we had some boofhead banging on in a loud voice about the machine being plastic (turns out he was a sycophant from one of the other machine builders was just making a noise at the front of our stand) ... this video was made some hours later after several fine beverages where consumed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzhcOalRixg
    Last edited by Samyo; 02-13-2013 at 07:46 PM.

13. Like Bruce Gulick liked this post.